3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2013 4:29 PM by heathrowe

How to get list of HTML5 features used by a Edge Project

GenericPerson1958 Level 1

Hi All,

Is there a way for me to know what all features of HTML5 does my Edge project actually use.

I know there are a lot of sites which tests what all HTML5 features are supported by a browser, but I want to know which all features are being used by a edge project.

Thannks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to get list of HTML5 features used by a Edge Project
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

I would venture to say there is no list, per say, except for the fact that Edge animate creates HTML5 'ready' project files. Meaning Edge projects are 'ready' to recieve any html5 element you desire to use.

Hope that makes some sense.

Darrell

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to get list of HTML5 features used by a Edge Project
            GenericPerson1958 Level 1

Thanks heathrowe,

I see what you are saying, I think my question is a slight variation, let me ask this way:

I created a edge project, it has a couple of animated rectangles and some text, I publish this project.

I suspect that this project does not use any HTML5 features and should be able to work in down level browsers just fine.

Is there a easy way to test/verify this?

Currently, I am planning to get a copy of different lefacy browsers IE6, FF3.5 etc and try opening my edge project in them.

but curious if there is a better way.

Thanks in advance.

• 3. Re: How to get list of HTML5 features used by a Edge Project
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

GenericPerson1958 wrote:

I created a edge project, it has a couple of animated rectangles and some text, I publish this project.

I suspect that this project does not use any HTML5 features and should be able to work in down level browsers just fine.

Is there a easy way to test/verify this?

As far as I am aware the only html5 element ever 'natively' used (anyone correct me if I overstate) is that the outputted result (.html file) is html5 encoded doctype declaration.

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html lang="en">

....... and so on

Having that inplace, armed with a modern browser (modern is the operative word) then the project is html5 enabled. You can can employ any html5 property (examples here http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_intro.asp) into your Edge project.

Your statement above is half & half: though you may never utilize a html5 element (like, canvas, video or audio) the doctype of the resulting file is still html5

<!DOCTYPE html>

So you may still need to employ a fallback for older browsers. I think other factors are also involved, though, aside from just html5. It's the combination of html5, jquery and CSS3.

hth

Darrell

1 person found this helpful