1 person found this helpful
I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow what you're saying - you've been a bit too terse.
Could you please show some screen grabs and possibly be a bit more specific? I'm sure there are folks here who might try to reproduce what you're reporting.
Sorry for not being clear enough.
The layer is a rastered artwork that I am not allowed to show.
It is layered above a layer that contains a stillifeshot.
There it mimics the silkscreen printing.
So I try to write down my steps:
1. open pdf in Photoshop CC - the layer is a pixellayer with transparent parts (generated out of Illustrator artwork) and copy that layer into another document using duplicate layer from the layer palette (no drag and drop).
2. that layer is then converted into a smart object (to transform size and to add a layerstyle - emboss)
3. I select all pixels of that layer by command-clicking on the layer-icon.
4. to make the artwork more fat, like it happens when the artwork is silkscreen-printed on a reallife product, I go to Menue/Selection/ChangeSelection/widen/amount 1pixel.
5. The smart object opens in both cases (CC and CS)
6. Menue/Selection/ChangeSelection is greyed out in CC - the same file opened in CS works.
Now a few hours later the file works with both - I have no clue why...
Ahhh I am so sorry - I forgot to select the layer .... Therefore fill was not possible ( o.k. one could think photoshop could choose the one if only layer by default - but then: I guess that is not as cool as content aware fill - hahaha...)
So if anyone please could delete this thread, please?