3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 7:29 AM by Inselfotograf

changing selections in CC versus CS not working proper

Inselfotograf Level 1

having a layer filled with a selection and converted to a smart object I found the following:

If I want to overfill (Make the selection wider while maintaining a feathered edge) that is possible in CS and grayed out / not possible in CC.

16bit psb file with multiple layers, Mac OS 10.8.4, latest versions of CC (14.0 x64) and CS (13.1.2 x64)

• 1. Re: changing selections in CC versus CS not working proper
          Noel Carboni Level 8

I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow what you're saying - you've been a bit too terse.

Could you please show some screen grabs and possibly be a bit more specific?  I'm sure there are folks here who might try to reproduce what you're reporting.

-Noel

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: changing selections in CC versus CS not working proper
            Inselfotograf Level 1

Sorry for not being clear enough.

The layer is a rastered artwork that I am not allowed to show.

It is layered above a layer that contains a stillifeshot.

There it mimics the silkscreen printing.

So I try to write down my steps:

1. open pdf in Photoshop CC - the layer is a pixellayer with transparent parts (generated out of Illustrator artwork) and copy that layer into another document using duplicate layer from the layer palette (no drag and drop).

2. that layer is then converted into a smart object (to transform size and to add a layerstyle - emboss)

3. I select all pixels of that layer by command-clicking on the layer-icon.

4. to make the artwork more fat, like it happens when the artwork is silkscreen-printed on a reallife product, I go to Menue/Selection/ChangeSelection/widen/amount 1pixel.

5. The smart object opens in both cases (CC and CS)

6. Menue/Selection/ChangeSelection is greyed out in CC - the same file opened in CS works.

Now a few hours later the file works with both - I have no clue why...

• 3. Re: changing selections in CC versus CS not working proper
              Inselfotograf Level 1

Ahhh I am so sorry - I forgot to select the layer .... Therefore fill was not possible ( o.k. one could think photoshop could choose the one if only layer by default - but then: I guess that is not as cool as content aware fill - hahaha...)

So if anyone please could delete this thread, please?

Thanks!