5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2016 11:22 AM by willem amels

Adding clips to an existing multi-cam sequence, and adding transitions

pdbrownphotographer

I'm running Adobe Premiere Pro CC on a Windows 7 machine.  I've created a multi-cam sequence, aligned 5 clips based on the audio track (recorded separately from any of the video), and tried to add a default Cross Disolve transition between each edit point.  Now I want to add some additional footage on the V2 line which does not need to be synchornized - think of it as an establishing shot.   I've run into two problems.

1 - the transitions don't always appear in the monitor.  At first they didn't at all, but when I saved the project and reopened it some of them did, sometimes.  I tried rendering the entire sequence, didn't seem to make a difference.  The transitions show up properly in the sequence itself as the little grey boxes between the edit points, but not in the playback monitor.

2 - I can't get the added non-synchronized clip to show up at all.  It sits above V1 in the V2 line, but when I hit play only the multicam synchronized parts show.  I have rendered, made sure that V2 is "visible" (the little eye icon beside V2 isn't crossed out), but nothing makes it play.  I tried another clip, and the only way I could get it to play was to cut the multi-cam V1 segment out and drop the V2 clip down into V1.    I know this works, but it doesn't make sense that I can't stack additional video on top of the synchronized clips.  Any suggestions?