4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2014 11:14 AM by Warunicorn

Is Photoshop Touch included free with my CC subscription?

po94110

Is Photoshop Touch included free with my CC subscription? If so, how does that work? iTunes wants to charge me $9.99.

• 1. Re: Is Photoshop Touch included free with my CC subscription?
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

No, sorry. Not exactly Adobe's fault as both iTunes and Google Play have their own closed marketplace systems. (I could see maybe a rebate-type offer in the future though for CC members.)

• 2. Re: Is Photoshop Touch included free with my CC subscription?
            po94110 Level 1

Thanks,

When you go to the creative cloud download center (https://creative.adobe.com/products) it doesn't make this clear.

• 3. Re: Is Photoshop Touch included free with my CC subscription?
              spankynek@my.lonestar.edu

I Agree, that at the time this discussion took place, including it would have been more trouble that it is worth. However, now that it is late 2014 and the Creative Cloud app has launched, why isn't Photoshop Touch included as a download option in the CC app where my subscription could be easily verified (pretty sure that said verification occurs upon every launch of the app).

I am really hoping to be able to increase my mobility regarding my hobby digital photography ( I'm still holding on to traditional B&W wet process photography as my more comfortable realm, but the price of supplies greatly limits my freedom to shoot any and everything...(cue violins)...robbing myself, current and future generations of humanity, and other existent beings of the now and future, the full gift of what I can offer when fully prolific. (Crossfade violins to crickets chirping as images of a confused and uninterested group of spectators moves on to better things)

WIll I shell out the ten bucks if I have to? Yes.

Do I think I should have to? No.

Do I think Adobe should be comfortable with this situation at this time? Negative.

If it wasn't made clear by my earlier ramblings, I am still a bit of a Luddite. Therefore I feel it necessary to ask the question I probably should have led with. Do I already have the capability, via the apps included within the I Tunes Creative Cloud apps that are associated with my full suite license? Is this all much ado about nothing because I can already do everything Touch can do via the Lightroom, Premiere Clip, and the Aviary editor which all appear in my CC app as free downloads?

Answers to any part of this long winded oratory are greatly appreciated and thanked in advance.

Brent Bisgard.

Due to the age of the discussion to which I am replying, coupled with the uncertainty of how Adobe prioritizes the date of response to an older topic relative to the date of original postead topics within their message display system, I am also going to cross post this as a new discussion topic just in case this reply gets sent back in the list a couple of years and only notifies active participants of its existence...sorry if that is not typically accepted behavior...I'm pretty much the noob of all noobs in these parts. (And the long wait for a chat representative has me feeling a bit rambunctious).

• 4. Re: Is Photoshop Touch included free with my CC subscription?
                Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

<insert ostinato violins here>

I think Autodesk does such an approach with regards to verification with their SketchBook app. Kind of, sort of.

<ostinato violins grow into full-on ostinato orchestra, replete with thunderous percussion>

You can download the app for free but won't have the "Pro" version with all its tools unless you sign in with your Autodesk subscription. Until then, you're just stuck with the basic set of tools. (You also have the option of buying the Pro tools outright for about $4 if you don't want to pay the desktop subscription.)