5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2013 9:30 AM by mentlity

Blurry images question

mentlity Level 1

OK, I have run into a problem troed to solve now I have to ask the ID gods. I have a project that I did which was to edit some text and change some links in an .indd file.

I was sent a pdf to look at first along with t a list of instructions. The pdf looked fine all images nice and crisp, then I was sent the .indd master file for that pdf.

When  opened the master .indd file I noticed that there are a few images which are blurry. But looking at the pdf that came from this .indd the pics are fine.

I need to get to the bottom of this as there is no need to re export and save as  a new pdf as I see the blurred pics are in the .indd.

Any help here?

R

• 1. Re: Blurry images question
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Do you also have the linked images?

Are you set to High Quality Display performance?

• 2. Re: Blurry images question
            mentlity Level 1

OK here is a fact, when I do a project I usually get the pacakage folder with all links but this indd did not have a linked image file I just got the ind itself, yet when I opened it I got the missing links message but the images were viewable inside the .indd file the complaint was after I did the edots and resaved that is when the blurry images were noticed But these were in the indd before, so moving on.

I now have got the images in another separate file but the images are not linked. I would think now to have the folder with tall the images in the same foldewr aas the .indd and link ALL images to see it I still see those few that are blurry. I do see that the image it self outside of the indd is NOT blurry. Which leads me to believe whoever imported this image into the indd originally did not optimize correctly.

Am I on the right track?

R

• 3. Re: Blurry images question
              Salah Fadlabi Level 5

You can put all these image on a folder and used the command: Link to Folder from the Links panel.

• 4. Re: Blurry images question
                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

mentlity wrote:

I do see that the image it self outside of the indd is NOT blurry. Which leads me to believe whoever imported this image into the indd originally did not optimize correctly.

Am I on the right track?

Not exactly. When the images were first placed ID created previews. When you try to output without the links all you get are those previews. LInks need to be up-to-date before export or printing.

• 5. Re: Blurry images question
                  mentlity Level 1

OK Understood 100% so I had to take the images that were used in the .indd file and link manually as the original paths were in correct. Once I linked all the images I made sure that ALL the fonts were therre as well then made a package folder so everything is in one place.

Then I created a pdf out of that file, show everything has the correct path and saved as the maximum quality.

new pdf looks nice and crispso I'm waiting for the person whos file it is to get back to me to approve.

So hopefully this solves the blurry image problem.

R