4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2013 10:36 AM by Jim Curtis

Render quality on CC drastically more awful.

victoriavanpatten Level 1

I posted this issue before, but for the longest time I assumed it was a hardware issue on my Laptop running Windows 8.

I'm now home on my Mac Pro, where I have confirmed without any doubt, that CC has awful render quality.

I exported a video on both machines using CS6 in Premiere and Encoder. Came out fine. Render the same video in CC with the SAME EXACT settings, I get the most awful video quality I have ever seen in my entire life.

My issue is mostly that no one else seems to be experiencing this. I'm using two entirely different machines, entirely different operating systems, with entirely different hardware, yet I'm still getting this issue, despite using the same  export settings in CS6 as I am in CC. Please oh please oh please someone tell me that I am not just crazy. I'm paying way too much money for all of the software I use on a daily basis to just not work.

15+ hours of adobe support for this specific issue and I either get mysteriously disconnected and never re-contacted after the basic troubleshooting has commenced, or they'll render my video at maxed out settings in CC, still only produce a sub-par-quality render, and then say "See? This is good!" Then hang up.

Here's a comparison of the same videos rendered at the same 720 specs, the top in CS6 and the bottom in CC. The problem in both Windows and Mac has identical results.

Screen Shot 2013-08-03 at 4.17.59 PM.png

That's not ok. At all.

• 1. Re: Render quality on CC drastically more awful.
          shooternz Level 6

I dont understand your screen grab or what it is showing us.

ie. It does not look like an export of a movie via Premiere (AME)... so how can we judge quality?

You might be saying that this is a Camtasia issue though?  If so ..say so.

• 2. Re: Render quality on CC drastically more awful.
            victoriavanpatten Level 1

It's not a camtasia issue. I recorded a video in camtasia and needed to edit it in premiere for work. Both files were rendered using Premiere. The top is the file rendered in CS6, and below is the same file rendered in CC.  I have Captivate videos and live-action footage that demonstrate the same issue, but this camtasia recording was what I had immediately on hand.

• 3. Re: Render quality on CC drastically more awful.
              shooternz Level 6

Post a screen grab of your export settings.

• 4. Re: Render quality on CC drastically more awful.
                Jim Curtis Level 3

victoriavanpatten wrote:

I'm now home on my Mac Pro, where I have confirmed without any doubt, that CC has awful render quality.

I understand the frustration, but with all due respect, I think you jumped to the wrong conclusion.  All of my exports from CC have been stunning, and no different from CS6.  If this was a universal CC problem, the forum would be maxed out with similar complaints.  You yourself said "no one else seems to be experiencing this."

Have you wondered what your projects have in common to produce common results?  Your problem may be related to your source footage.  Have you tried exporting some different source footage in a different codec with the same Export settings?  That should tell you something.

Does this happen to all your projects on both of your machines?

Shooternz may be onto something as well.  Perhaps you are encoding at a lower bit rate in CC without realizing it.  I believe there may be a bug in CC where bit-rates are being ignored with some codecs (I have experienced this.).  You can test it by bringing in your CS6 and CC renders into VLZ, and comparing the bit-rates of the playback on the Get Info pane.  If you see a big difference there, it might confirm the bit-rate bug.