8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2013 8:01 PM by animationlife

RE: Before & After View

animationlife Level 1

Hello Everyone.

In the Past month, I been watching online Tutorials on Lightroom..  I noticed Inside the Lightroom there is the  Before and After View, By clicking on Y Key. I found this Interesting. Why we don't have this Before and After View option Inside the Photoshop ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: RE: Before & After View
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

animationlife wrote:

Why we don't have this Before and After View option Inside the Photoshop ?

You can do that manually buy taking the original image and going to Image>Duplicate to open a copy of the original image...no, it's not as simple as Lightroom's Before/After, but can be done.

• 2. Re: RE: Before & After View
            phosphorspitter Level 1

An Action with Insert Menu Item, "Image-Duplicate" then "Windows-Arrange" and select what you prefer will give you a one click solution.

You could also insert the Menu Item Fit on Screen to make them bigger and don´t forget to hit the F key once or twice and the Tab Key.

• 3. Re: RE: Before & After View
              animationlife Level 1

Dear phosphorspitter.

Thank you very much for your answer, Two Issues.

First, I did created an Action as you said, but  It dose not Record the window-Arrange, I don't know why?

Also, It would have been great If we could have done this Inside the Camera Raw, But I don't think It works with Camera Raw.

Thanks.

• 4. Re: RE: Before & After View
                phosphorspitter Level 1

My mail program did not allow to aswer your mail.

Did you use the Menu command?

Click on the two little arrows (marked red) and select "insert Menu Item" the select under Window-Arrange the one you like.

Hope this helps.

menu item.JPG

• 5. Re: RE: Before & After View
                  animationlife Level 1

I get this error message Menu Item: None Selected

Same message that you have still not working

• 6. Re: RE: Before & After View
                    phosphorspitter Level 1

After you get the Dialog Box saying "None Selected" You must select one: So you go to the Top and click on Window and under Arrange you select what you want.

• 7. Re: RE: Before & After View
                      Robert Shomler Level 4

animationlife wrote:

... It would have been great If we could have done this Inside the Camera Raw, But I don't think It works with Camera Raw.

A couple of potential ways to d this in camera raw:

If you want to compare image after your acr edits with the 'before' image as it was when you opened it in this camera raw session, use the flyout menu to toggle between (check on) Image Settings (initial settings on open into acr) and Custom Settings (image with your acr edits since  opening image in acr).

Another way is to make named snapshots.  Then select different snapshots as desired to display the different views.

• 8. Re: RE: Before & After View
                        animationlife Level 1

Thanks, now It Is working, last question please. This Is the first time I noticed Insert Menu Item. I have worked with Actions In the past, But I thought every Item can be apply to the Action. But It seems like for certain Items such as "Arrange", you must use the Items from Menu. Would you please let me know what are the Items In the Menu Item.

Thanks.