2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2013 11:20 AM by A.T. Romano

New Project

MX5luvr

Have Windows 7 with Premier 2.0.  When I try to open a new project it wont let me type the name of the project into the name bar.  What do I do?

• 1. Re: New Project
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you mean Premiere PRO version 2?

If yes, you need to be in http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premierepro_previous?view=all

If you really have Premiere Elements version 2 ignore the link above

Also, to run really old software with Win7, right click the program icon and select a compatibility mode from the popup window... I think WinXP compatibility is the one you want

• 2. Re: New Project
            A.T. Romano Level 7

MX5luvr

I ran into the same thing when I tried to install Premiere Elements 2 on Windows 7 64 bit. Version 2 installed and seem to work for all but that naming the new project.

I took the easy way out for me, that was, installing Premiere Elements 2 on the free Windows XP Mode that comes with Windows 7 64 bit. If you are unfamiliar with it, it is a virtual Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit. All is well there and no problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

I have my doubts about using the compatibility mode route in Windows 7 64 bit. I could see it working if you could not import Premiere Elements 2 at all. But for just that one feature of the project name in new project dialog ??? By all is worth trying. It did not work for me.

If you do not have the Windows XP Mode and have no intension of getting it, what you might look into is accepting the name given for the project and then do a Save As and change the name before you start a new project.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR