6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2013 5:47 PM by songysavy

Timeline Zoom to 5 seconds

songysavy

Hi, I have a series of audio clips matched with sets of images that are less than 5 seconds in length.  I  need to be able to see the images and the audio waveforms clearly.  Is it possible to zoom into such a fine degree in Adobe Premiere? 

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Timeline Zoom to 5 seconds
          Mark Mapes Adobe Employee

When the Timeline or Source Monitor or Program Monitor has focus, pressing the Plus sign zooms in. If the zoom level in normal mode does not let you get close enough, then setting that panel to "Show Audio Time Units" will let you zoom in much farther.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Timeline Zoom to 5 seconds
            songysavy Level 1

Thank you! That is super helpful.  I searched around for a bit and learned that I need to find a "Context Menu" that will then allow me to "Show Audio Time Units."  I also just realized that I am using Premiere Elements and not Premiere Pro.  Does this make a difference here?  I can get access to Premiere Pro, if that is the software I need to be on.  Thank you again!

• 3. Re: Timeline Zoom to 5 seconds
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I also just realized that I am using Premiere Elements and not Premiere Pro.  Does this make a difference here?

Yes. PrE does not display Audio Units, like PrPro does.

In PrE, about the best that you can do, is to first Expand the Audio Track, with your music, then hover the Cursor over the horizontal junction between the Tracks. When it turns into an = sign, with up/down arrowheads, click and drag, to get a vertical zoom. Then, zoom into the Timeline, to increase the horizontal magnification.

One can also add Beat Markers with the * key, to the beats in your music, to help you edit the Video/Stills to those.

If you would like, someone can Move your post to the PrE Forum, for specific instructions and suggestions, but if you do plan on doing the editing in PrPro, then you would want it to stay here, as there are some significant differences between those two programs. PrPro has much more of what you want.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Timeline Zoom to 5 seconds
                songysavy Level 1

Wow, thank you so much!    This is crazy helpful.  I have been bumping around in the dark for ages.  I'll stay in this forum and get access to PrPro.  I don't even need to edit the tracks - I just need an image of the video stills lined up on a timeline with the audio waveform.  If PrPro will generate that image for me, then I'll take screen shots of the data and be good to go!  Thank you again.

• 5. Re: Timeline Zoom to 5 seconds
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

I think that you will your intended operations easier in PrPro. Now, my suggestions for the vertical and horizontal zoom in the Timeline, holds for PrPro too. When matching my Waveform Display with my Video/Stills, I zoom in both directions, to see things more clearly.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Timeline Zoom to 5 seconds
                    songysavy Level 1

Thank you!