1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2013 11:07 AM by Peter Spier

Avast! Says InDesign Component Malicious?

SatchBoogie1

I have been using InDesign CS5 for at least 2 years now. I booted up my computer today to work on a project. When I opened InDesign my antivirus software (Avast!) flagged the following file: "Workgroup Client UI.rpln". Avast! claims it is infected with "Win32:Evo-gen". It has [Susp] next to it which I guess means it is a suspicious file. This is the first time I have had this come up. I also find it odd because I have not used this particular computer with InDesign in a week. (I do leave the computer on and have a nightly virus scan). I did run a full scan using Malwarebytes and nothing came up.

I am going to at least take the precautions even though I feel this is a false positive. My question is whether this file is absolutely necessary in order to run InDesign? The only thing I do relative to any workgroup stuff is that my files are on a NAS connected to my home network. I also store files in my Dropbox folder.

Thanks for your guidance. Let me know if I need to clarify anything to help diagnose my issue.