4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2013 7:09 PM by the_wine_snob

Still Capture from Video Footage - How?

mjpics1

Can I capture a frame in a movie and turn it into a snapshot?

• 1. Re: ?
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes.

Here is one way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhXxrX8Il88

What version are you using?

• 2. Re: ?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Hello mjpic1, and welcome to the forum.

I have taken the liberty of changing your post's title, to better reflect what you are asking about. This will be helpful to all coming to the thread, both now and later. If you do not like the new title, please let me know.

I also think that Peru Bob has answered your question with a useful tutorial. Do note, as the tutorial producer mentions, there can be some slight differences between versions of PrE, so knowing the version, as Peru Bob asks, can be important.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Still Capture from Video Footage - How?
              mjpics1 Level 1

This was great.  Thanks

• 4. Re: Still Capture from Video Footage - How?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

You are most welcome.

The Adobe forums function on several levels:

1. First, posters present their questions, or problems, and hopefully get answers, or solutions.
                2. Next, others come to the forums, and Search for their question, or problem, hoping to find an answer/solution, before posting
                3. Then, others just read the forums (after trying to answer others' questions, that is my next most common action), trying to learn even more

The second is one reason to have a descriptive title for a post - it helps in their Search.

Most of all, good luck, and think that you were able to get your answer. If you have any issue with the "snapshot camera icon," please let us know.

Hunt