7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2013 12:28 PM by chrisandjeff

PREMIERE ELEMENTS 11 SHARED TECHNOLOGIES

bernardjjohn

HELP HELP re Premiere Elements 11 wont install when it hits Shared Technologies.  I had the same problem with PS Elements 11 but

after several days of trying, I got it installed.   Seeing so many people with the same problem worldwide, I dont understant why Adobe

havent produced  an Instruction, Direction or a PATCH to rectify the problem.  So close to fecking the whole lot out and getting my money back.

Does anybody in ADOBE watch or pay attention to the Forums or for that matter, COME UP WITH A SOLUTION.  Help me please as I am not

computer literate.  Cheers BEN

• 1. Re: PREMIERE ELEMENTS 11 SHARED TECHNOLOGIES
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps this thread will be usefu? http://forums.adobe.com/message/5200408#5200408

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: PREMIERE ELEMENTS 11 SHARED TECHNOLOGIES
            nealeh Level 5

bernardjjohn wrote:

I had the same problem with PS Elements 11

As you have PSE11 already installed open task manager and make sure that you end the processes 'dynamiclinkmanager.exe' and 'ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe' before installing PRE. They are both a part of the Elements Organizer which is reinstalled when you install PRE.

If you have other Adobe products installed then make sure they too are closed before installing PRE11.

Also temporarily disable any anti-virus / anti-malware software while you install.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

• 3. Re: PREMIERE ELEMENTS 11 SHARED TECHNOLOGIES
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ben,

I have been done this road with Premiere Elements 11 and 10 on Windows 8 64 bit. Apparently the Shared Technologies error is not confined to a particular version or operating system as far as I have been able to figure out. Many have tried various fixes. There does not seem to be one fix for the issue so best go through the suggestions systematically until you find the one that will work for you. In my case, I thought that moment would never come. It did. My fix seemed to have come when I decided to use an external burner for the installation disc rather than the ripped files or the laptop burner. If it has not been posted already, this is one of the links that documented some users problems with this error, including my own.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1121947?start=40&tstart=0

We will be watching for your progress. Do not give up.

ATR

• 4. Re: PREMIERE ELEMENTS 11 SHARED TECHNOLOGIES
                chrisandjeff

After hours and hours of frustration, this was the answer for me. I can't thank you enough.

• 5. Re: PREMIERE ELEMENTS 11 SHARED TECHNOLOGIES
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

chrisandjeff

Thanks for the follow up with those important details for the Shared Technologies issue that has hit various Premiere Elements versions across several different computer operating systems. I have installed many different versions of Premiere Elements on Windows since 2005. It was only with Premiere Elements 10 and 11 on Windows 8 64 bit last year when I run into this issue first hand.

I am about to install Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8 64 bit today. I will post if I run into Shared Technologies error this time around. No post is good news in that it will mean no problem.

Success with your projects.

ATR

• 6. Re: PREMIERE ELEMENTS 11 SHARED TECHNOLOGIES
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

chrisandjeff

I forgot to ask...what version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: PREMIERE ELEMENTS 11 SHARED TECHNOLOGIES
                      chrisandjeff Level 1

I am using Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8 64bit.   I exhausted every option on the Adobe help page and every other link I could find after entering various combinations of keywords in a search. I was ready to give up when I somehow stumbled upon your thread.   Thanks so much.   I’m surprised that the folks @ Adobe aren’t a bit more proactive, since this issue seems to be quite prevalent across several versions of PE.