11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 10:27 AM by the_wine_snob

Saving Assets

SEWERTWO

In one project I have an asset that happens to be a large and long title.  I would like to save this asset and use it in another project.  I don't want to have to retype it over again in future projects. Any way to do this?  Thank You.

• 1. Re: Saving Assets
          the_wine_snob Level 9

What version of PrE are you using, and on what OS and version, please?

You should be able to Select that Title, and then Export it as a Template, but the mechanics might differ by PrE version.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Saving Assets
            A.T. Romano Level 7

SEWERTWO

Besides the Premiere Elements version and computer operating system that you are using, please confirm that the title that you want to save was created in the Premiere Elements Titler.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Saving Assets
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Why not just change the media file's name using Windows Explorer or Finder?

It needn't be any more difficult than that.

• 4. Re: Saving Assets
                A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

I am not getting your point here.

If this is a title created in the Titler, what does changing the media's file name have to do with any of this and yet using Windows Explorer or Finder?

The stated goal is to save a project title...to save it...if version 11, if title created in Titler, with the title file highlighted in Project Assets, File Menu/Export/Title.

Now, if that is a title not created in the Premiere Elements Titler, that is another story. That is why I ask that question sooner rather than later.

ATR

• 5. Re: Saving Assets
                  SEWERTWO Level 1

Bill I am actually trying to save a block of text over a black background that I would like to use on other projects.  It takes a while to get it exactly right and I don't want to redo it each time for future projects.  I have PrE 11 and OS is Win 7.  Thank You

• 6. Re: Saving Assets
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Great.

In the Project Assets Panel, Select your Title. Then, with it Selected, choose File>Export>Title, and you will Export THAT Title, as a PRTL (Title Template), that can then be Imported into another Project.

From the PrE 11 Help file:

Export a title file

You can export a title from Premiere Elements to a file for use in another Premiere Elements project.

1. In the Expert view, click Project Assets to open the Project Assets panel.
                    2. Select the title you want to export as a separate file.
                    3. Choose File > Export > Title.
                    4. Specify the name and location for the saved title file, and click Save.

Import a title file

You can import a title into a project that was exported from another Premiere Elements project.

1. In the Expert view, click Project Assets to open the Project Assets panel.
                    2. Right-click/Ctrl-click on the Project Assets panel and select Get Media From > Files And Folders.
                    3. Locate and select a title and click Open.

The formatting is a bit wonky though, so be warned.

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Saving Assets
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

No sure what you mean by "The formatting is a bit wonky though, so be warned."

ATR

• 8. Re: Saving Assets
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

SEWERTWO

It is as I wrote in post 4 of your thread

The stated goal is to save a project title...to save it...if version 11, if title created in Titler, with the title file highlighted in Project Assets, File Menu/Export/Title.

Now that you have supplied more details of your intent (as per your post 5)

trying to save a block of text over a black background that I would like to use on other projects

I would add

1. The block of text needs have been created in the Titler of the Premiere Elements 11 project - not a jpg title created in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements for example.

2. Now about "over a black background"...

a. When you create a title in the Titler, you have your text on a black background, but that black is not the color black. It represents transparency. So, that, when your title is on VIdeo 2, the background image on Video 1 can be seen with a text overlay.

b. For now, I am assuming that you have black video or the like on Video 1 below your text block. So the color black will be seen through the black (transparency) of the text block on Video 2.

c. Now the point as it relates to your question....If you had a red background on Video 1 instead, your text block would present on a red background. Now finally the point...when you go to save the "title", all you are saving via File Menu/Export/Title is the text block on Video 2 (with its transparency) as represented in its thumbnail in Project Assets...the red background is not included in what you are saving. (We could talk further about the Add Image feature of the Titler, but we will bypass that for now.)

d. Again, File Menu/Export/Title applies only to titles created in the Titler as prtl or prtl imported back into the project and then exported.

Please review. And, do not hestitate to ask if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Saving Assets
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

For whatever reason, when I Copied over that material from the Help File, the formatting was very odd, and in my edit screen, it was not working out. I continued to reformat, until it looked better, it just did not want to cooperate. Looks like my work paid off, because when I posted the Reply, it looked pretty good, but you should have seen it, in the editing screen, before posting - it looked horrible. Guess that I was worried for nothing.

Hunt

• 10. Re: Saving Assets
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

Thanks for the explanation. I got the impression that you were referring to the formatting of the Titler text as being wonky.

So, it was just the formatting of your posted comments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: Saving Assets
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Nah, it was MY formatting in the Reply, that was causing me an issue - that only.

Hunt