• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't authorize my computer upon initial install of Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed Adobe Digital Editions on my computer because I want to borrow an ebook from my local library (via Overdrive System) but I can't authorize my computer through ADE, therefore I cannot download the book to get it onto my Kobo. When I type in my ID and password I get a Connection Error and it tells me to check if I'm connected to the internet, but I am obviously connected to the internet since I just downloaded the program. On my old computer I had the older version of ADE and it worked perfectly fine. Is there some bug with this 2.0 version? Any suggestions and tips woul be great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help me with this issue? I read other entries an I tried downloading the older version but it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to try ...

(1) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0

(2) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2 (which you found worked).

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, had to reformat our computer & was having the same problem. All fixed now, thanks to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines