3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 8:24 AM by TDRonline

How to make guides display on all comps?

TDRonline Level 1

Imported my PSD comp with guides for me to keep my animations in correct position. Unfortunately when I add another comp the guides do not display. How do I make my guides display on all comps without manually readding them.

Also, is there a way to enter the position of a guide when you add it to the composition?

• 1. Re: How to make guides display on all comps?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can observe the info palette as you are dragging guides into place. That's about it.

If you want to keep the guides in an existing comp for use in a new comp simply duplicate the comp in the Project Panel and then delete the contents of the duplicate.

Guides are unique to the comp and there are no ways to enter numeric values. Many times when I'm doing something that needs to have some common 'guides' I set up the grid spacing to match the requirements. There you can type in the values and they will show up in every comp.

• 2. Re: How to make guides display on all comps?
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

How do I make my guides display on all comps without manually readding them.

There is no such thing and it would be kinda illogical to begin with if AE behaved that way - since each comp can have arbitrary settings, how would AE know how to place guides in sub-comps and that if they have different settings. And personalyl I would hate having a mess of lines where I don't need them, too.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: How to make guides display on all comps?
              TDRonline Level 1

Yeah I started to use the info palette to set my lines, but I was wondering if this was maybe an option.

Even if you are able to select one specific set of guides and tell them to show on entire project?