• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfloop problem after upgrading from CF8 to CF10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently forced due to company policy to upgrade from CF8 to CF10.  When I did so, a number of things naturally broke.

Specifically, I have some cfloop code that is now throwing a "Complex object types cannot be converted to simple values" where it didn't before.  This is driving me mad.  Must be something simple I'm missing.

The gist of it is that I have a multi-select listbox (sorted with some javascript I found online) passing a comma-delimited list of numbers as the "FORM.list" value to the loop. 

Here is the code:

<cfif isDefined("FORM.list")>

<cfloop list="#FORM.list#" delimiters="," index="i">  

<cfquery name="somename" datasource="#datasource#">     

UPDATE STATEMENT (some query code)
          WHERE some_id = #i#    

</cfquery>

</cfloop> 

</cfif>

When one item is selected in the form list, the code works fine.  When I multi-select two or more items from the multi-select box, it throws:

"Complex object types cannot be converted to simple values." 

All that's in the passed form values are numbers: e.g. "123456,234532".

Does anyone know what's going on so I can stop pulling my hair out?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Hi Adam, thank you very much for your reply.

Problem has been resolved.  I had only applied the mandatory update, and couldn't figure out why the auto updater wasn't seeing any patches so I thought maybe I was good.  At your suggestion, and a little more research, I realized I was not nearly up to date.  Found out I needed to add the proxy settings to the CF config and then all the updates appeared.  So once I patched the server properly, the cfloop problems went away.  Go figure.

Many thanks for

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you dump the form scope, are those numbers presented as a list or an array?

Do you have the thissameFormFieldsAsArray setting set to true in Application.cfc?

Recommend you put a try/catch around the erroring code, and dump out all the contributing variables to determine which variables don't have the values you expect.

Also: is your CF10 server fully patched to 10.0.11?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adam, thank you very much for your reply.

Problem has been resolved.  I had only applied the mandatory update, and couldn't figure out why the auto updater wasn't seeing any patches so I thought maybe I was good.  At your suggestion, and a little more research, I realized I was not nearly up to date.  Found out I needed to add the proxy settings to the CF config and then all the updates appeared.  So once I patched the server properly, the cfloop problems went away.  Go figure.

Many thanks for your prompt and helpful suggestions.  Glad this prompted me to get the auto-updater working as well.

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation