4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2013 7:50 PM by Todd_Kopriva

after effects cc

empirestateproductions Level 1

i have after effects cc and i want to get after effcects cs6 insted but it would let me get it from the cloud, i had after effects cs6 on my old computer and when i  got a new computer i installed after effects cc and now i want to get after effects cs6, PLEASE HELP!!!

• 1. Re: after effects cc
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If the creative cloud app does not display After Effects CC then your system is not compatible with AE CC. Simple as that. This question is asked many times each week. Any simple search of this forum or Google would give you the same answer.

• 2. Re: after effects cc
            KaiVel

He doesn't want AE CC. He has AE CC. He wants CS6 back because AE CC sucks. There's no clear way to get back to CS6 via the cloud program or a Google search and it's incredibly frustrating.

empirestateproductions: I can't find a way to revert either, so I'm in the same boat. I saw someone in another thread saying they wanted to convert to the CS6 version of Dreamweaver and did so by downloading the trial version of the CS6 version, then signing into Creative Cloud to get it verified. Try that maybe? I can't seem to find a trial version, as Adobe's new CS6 FAQ states that they no longer offer trial versions of older products.

Entire Creative Cloud concept seemed great at first, but if you're one of the unlucky people that get to enjoy the 1-2 second lag time everytime you open a damn menu in AECC, it just pisses you off (and more so since I can't cancel the damn thing).

• 3. Re: after effects cc
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

He wants CS6 back because AE CC sucks.

+1. CS6 was bad, CC is even worse. Anyway, you can download older versions of the programs by selecting the relevant option on the icon on the web site for CC, not in the application manager/ CCApp.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: after effects cc
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

>  There's no clear way to get back to CS6 via the cloud program

Go here, sign in, and choose After Effects CS6 from the menu in the center-left of the page:

https://creative.adobe.com/products/aftereffects