• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to use vBulletin in conjunction with BC?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried my best to get my built-in Forum through BC working as best as I can. Unfortunately, it's just not up to par with a service like vBulletin.

However, there are obvious limitations with hosting through BC. Has anyone successfully installed vBulletin on a sub-domain at least? Or, are we stuck with BC's function only? I'd like to stay within my domain for SEO efforts.

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use vBulletin on BC. If you have a main domain setup on BC your only option is to setup a subdomain at a traditional LAMP hosting service so you can use PHP/MySQL for vBulletin.

If your domain is fully hosted at BC using BC's nameservers you can simply sign up with a web host that supports PHP/MySQL and add a CNAME or A record for that subdomain to point to your external webhost and run the vBulletin software there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And BC does have a basic Forums built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've implemented BC's forum utility. I just wish it was a little more flexible and offer some "advanced" features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've thought of that idea, however there wouldn't be any benefit to SEO if I was to create an a-record and update the DNS to point to a different URL other than my primary URL. Unless, I'm missing something in your resonse.

Registrar is GoDaddy

Hosting is BC.

Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Google locked down the seperate forums SEO boost, not as effective as it would be internally any more. The best option for this they do consider if you do this though is subdomain.

forums.site.com - Will get some SEO benifit if it is on another location but setup in this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines