7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 3:45 PM by A.T. Romano

I cannot add a title.

gjwood

I just started using Premiere Elements and cannot put a Title at the start of my clip.  I drag a title over and it says that I am not connected to the internet.

• 1. Re: I cannot add a title.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Did you choose a Title, from the "Additional Functional Content," that has not been downloaded, or a Default Title?

That will likely tell the tale.

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I cannot add a title.
            gjwood Level 1

I tried from both

• 3. Re: I cannot add a title.
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you are using Premiere Elements 11 and you are selecting a title template that has a little blue flag over the upper right corner, then the file must be downloaded to your computer before you can use it in your project.

The program will do this automatically if you have an always-on internet connection AND you have logged into the program with your Adobe ID. Have you done both of these things?

• 4. Re: I cannot add a title.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

gjwood

Could you help us help you by letting us know what version of Premiere Elements that you are using and on what computer operating system it is running?

Because of the marked changes in the Premere Elements 11 interface as compared to earlier versions it is essential for us to have that information.

Please confirm the message that you are getting when you try to drag the title template to a video track or into the monitor...is it something like "needs to be downloaded before use" or as you have written "not connected to Internet" or both?

If you are connected to the Interest when you get this project message, what is the browser that you are using?

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: I cannot add a title.
                  gjwood Level 1

I seem to have corrected the problem.  I guess I was not logged in to my Adobe account (as Steve Grisetti mentioned) and my firewall (Norton) would not let me. I turned my firewall off for five minutes, signed in, downloaded a title, and turned my firewall back on.

Since then I have had no problems.

Thanks all.

• 6. Re: I cannot add a title.
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news, and thank you for reporting what was causing your problem.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: I cannot add a title.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

gjwood

Thanks for the follow up. Glad you resolved the issue. Good work.

From what you wrote, you must be using Premiere Elements 11 which now requires users of boxed purchased and online purchased product to download Content from online from within the program.

This new arrangement can be time consuming and a problem, especially if you uninstall/reinstall the program and need to redo the Content downloads. I have written a blog post that might give you some useful information if you find yourself in such a situation.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe11-no-content-disc-content-downloads.html

Please let us know if you need further details on what I have written.

Thank you.

ATR