16 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2013 8:18 AM by A.T. Romano

Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time

L. Olofsson

adobe premiere - I have installed the program twice on my computer. The computer has crasched twice and now I can´t use the program. Because I have installed it twice (on the same computer) and I have no licens to use it a third time!!

Abobe Premiere Elements 9 and have licens key

Message was edited by: L. Olofsson

• 1. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What? Why would you have no license to install it a third time? You can install it and reinstall it as many times as you want on the same computer. That's still considered just one installation.

But if your computer is crashing all the time, it's not likely a problem reinstalling will fix.

What operating system are you using? Have you manually gone to Windows Update and, if necessary, selected the option to Restore Hidden Updates so that you can install all of the non-critical updates (which don't install automatically)?

Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime and, very importantly, have you manually gone to the ATI or nVidia web site to install the latest driver for your graphics card? Also, Premiere Elements had a patch issued for it. Have you gone to Help/Check for Updates to ensure you have that patch?

Finally, when is the program crashing? Is it crashing when you have no media in it or after you''ve added media to a project?

And, if the latter, what model of camcorder is your footage coming from and what format and resolution is it? What are your project settings (as listed under Edit/Preferences)? If your project settings match your video specs, you will NOT see red lines above your clips in Timeline mode. Is that the case with your project?

• 2. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
            A.T. Romano Level 7

L. Olofsson

Be sure to reply to SB's questions first.

But please put the following on your just in case "to do" list:

a. Assuming that you are using Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 on Windows 7 or 8 64 bit...

Administrative Tools

Services

FLEXnet Licensing

and make sure that it is running with Startup Type: Automatic and Service Status: Started.

b. If you have any problems with the actual Activation of the program, you can get Adobe Chat to help you with that

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=activating-my-product- or-serial-number-issues

When you click on "I still need help", the Adobe Chat pops up for your communication direct to Adobe Chat.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
              L. Olofsson Level 1

Thanks a million. I´m going to follow your advise step by ste

I had run the program för one week and this morning i couldn´t get in to work with yesterdays films.

I´ll be back

• 4. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Olofsson

Thanks for the follow up.

That was good news that you had gotten the program to work for a week before this setback. So, we know that the program will work.

Please review SG's questions and troubleshooting strategy as well as my supplemental contributions and then you can decide what next.

ATR

• 5. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
                  L. Olofsson Level 1

I give UP! After 2 h.

Have reinstall twice.

Windows Update, selected the option to Restore Hidden Updates
                  Installd updates

I want to cry - have 20 videofilms i have to work with.

This is what i get. They want me to buy a new ONE... I alreade have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND NOW THIS PLACE TELL ME MY PICTURE IS NOT ALLOWED HERE..

This is my sceen - you have to copy rhe hole link to se the side.

http://halsozam.com/premiere/

I don´t know what to do. I don´t even get into the program

• 6. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

L. Olofsson

Did you get contact from Adobe? If so, was its only suggestion to update to 11? If so, then let us continue here....

I saw your screenshot and I think it gave us the answer that we seek for success. Let us see.

I believe that your screenshot gave me the answer to your issue. But, as soon as possible get rid of that screenshot since it has your private information on it.

According to the Adobe message, your Premiere Elements 9 serial number is already in use on 2 of your computers and you are trying now to use it on a third computer. Cannot do that. You are allowed that serial number on only 2 of your computers. So, you will have to deactivate Premiere Elements 9 on one of those 2 computers so that you can get the program on computer 3.

To remove Premiere Elements 9 already installed on one of the two computers

a. IMPORTANT. First go to Premiere Elements 9 project, Help Menu/Deactivate and Deactivate and close the program. Then, using the usual Control Panel route, uninstall the program.

b. Then install Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 on the 3rd computer.

If there is a mistake on the part of Adobe, then use the following link to get help from Adobe Chat to straighten out how many computers that serial number is installed on. It should solve the Activation issue and not suggest that you buy a new program.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=activating-my-product- or-serial-number-issues

Have the header set for "Activing my product or serial number issues"

Again, click on "I need more help" to get Adobe Chat.

Please let us know if that was the solution. Hope so.

ATR

• 7. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

L. Olofsson

In reflection, I think that we had the impression that you were trying to install Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 three times on the same computer with no success.

Instead, I believe the issue is really you trying to use Premiere Elements on a 3rd computer when it was already on two other of your computers. As I said, if Adobe is wrong in its message, the Adobe Chat can fix that for you in a matter of minutes.

After you get the installation and activation matters out of the way, if Premiere Elements 9 continues to crash on you then first question to be asked is do you have Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update installed?

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4929

At this point, all of SG's questions would fall into place for one program on one computer

What? Why would you have no license to install it a third time? You can install it and reinstall it as many times as you want on the same computer. That's still considered just one installation.

But if your computer is crashing all the time, it's not likely a problem reinstalling will fix.

What operating system are you using? Have you manually gone to Windows Update and, if necessary, selected the option to Restore Hidden Updates so that you can install all of the non-critical updates (which don't install automatically)?

Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime and, very importantly, have you manually gone to the ATI or nVidia web site to install the latest driver for your graphics card? Also, Premiere Elements had a patch issued for it. Have you gone to Help/Check for Updates to ensure you have that patch?

Finally, when is the program crashing? Is it crashing when you have no media in it or after you''ve added media to a project?

And, if the latter, what model of camcorder is your footage coming from and what format and resolution is it? What are your project settings (as listed under Edit/Preferences)? If your project settings match your video specs, you will NOT see red lines above your clips in Timeline mode. Is that the case with your project?

At this point, you need to address his questions with answers which he can evaluate for cause and effect.

We will be watching for your results. Do not be discouraged.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
                        L. Olofsson Level 1

I`m sorry I have not explained well. English is not even my second language.

I have had the program installed on my computer for years.

I had a diskcrash - too old in may. I lostthe first installed but it was okey because It work good to install in a second time.

For one month ago my graphics crashed and something more so windows xp was instolled (instollen) again.
                        I worked in the program yesterday and closed the computer.

This morning when I started iI couldn´t get in. It said that I had instolled it twice and I had to buy a new licens.
                        I couldn´t get into the program. I got stuck at the page with my licensnumber.

I got a Panasonic videocamera and i thas worked perfect. Everything worked but I can´t get into the program.

• 9. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

L. Olofsson

From what you just wrote, it sounds like all this time you have been working with one computer for your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1. Is this correct?

If that is the case, then somehow Adobe thinks that you have the serial number on more than 2 of your computers. That is what that message is telling you. The only one that can fix that is Adobe if that is not true. If it is true, then you must arrange so that you have that serial number on no more than 2 of your computers.

Have you done all that?

Please give the Adobe Chat group a chance to fix the Activation so you can get Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 activated on the computer where you now have it.

But, make sure that you are using the 9.0.1 Update that should get rid of a lot fo Premiere Elements 9 issues.

Om du tror att det skulle hjälpa, kommer jag skriva på svenska med hjälp av Google Translate, men jag vet inte hur mycket vi kommer att förlora i språng mellan.

Men, om du är kvar med meddelandet i ditt screenshot, har du ett Premiere Elements 9 Aktivering fråga som endast Adobe kan klara upp om du bara har det en dator med den ena Premiere Elements serienummer och det serienummer ingen annan plats.

If you think it would help, I will write in Swedish using Google Translate, but I do not know how much that we will lose in the go between.

But, if you are left with the message in your screenshot, you have an Premiere Elements 9 Activation issue that only Adobe can clear up if you only have that one computer with that one Premiere Elements serial number and that serial number no other place.

ATR

• 10. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
                            L. Olofsson Level 1

But I just have it on this computer and I´m allowed to have in two.  And it has worked and worked yesterday.

I´m allows to have one on an other and one on this it should work.

But it doesn´t and I´m forced to buy it again.
                            It takes to much time to figure out to whom I may ask. I search an hour to find an email and then this forum came up.
                            I havn´t time to sit an search and I´m so frustrated - I made all the things you asked me to. Updates and so on but I

can´t get into the program.

It don´t allowe me to get into my honestly bought program!

• 12. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

L. Ofoffsson

You should not have to buy a new program. You may have more than one problem with your workstation, but we must take one issue at a time. Right now the problem is an Activation problem as per your screenshot.

From what you wrote, the immediate issue is the Adobe message telling your that you have your serial number on more than two of your computers. Is that correct? If that is so, please read on.

From what you wrote, this is not true...a mistake. In this case, the only one to take care of that is Adobe. We are not Adobe here, just Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users. Adobe should be able to go to the server and straighten out the situation for you in a few minutes. I have given you a contact link for Adobe Chat that I know works for this purpose.

When you click on "I still need help", the Adobe Chat pop up will appear.

This is a quick thing to do...no searching and time consuming activity.

But, you wrote:

I´m so frustrated - I made all the things you asked me to. Updates and so on but I

can´t get into the program.

I appreciate your follow up.

Does that mean that you contacted the Adobe Chat Activation group and the rep said it could not help? If so, that does not sound right in view of your Adobe message. Ask for a supervisor.

John T. Smith has just posted similar links for Activation problem contacts. I do not know about them, but the one that I gave you works. I have used it when I have gotten that Adobe message by mistake.

After you get the program activated and, if it has crash problems, then we need to look into your workflow to identify the cause. I suspect that the troubleshooting of the original problem with the program may have resulted into the present situation.

Again, I stress that Adobe is telling you that its records are indicating that you have your serial number on 2 computers already and giving the choice

a. remove the serial number from one of the 2 so that you can use the serial number on the present computer

OR

b. buy a new serial number for the 3rd computer ONLY if you want to keep Premiere Elements on those other 2 computers + this 3rd one.

But you say you have only one computer, so the message is a mistake...a mistake that only Adobe can correct.

I realize your frustration with the problem and the need to get your work completed. But please understand I want you to succeed. That is why I am repeating myself for what I believe should get you moving forward in your project. The Activation may be the easy part. Finding the answer for the crashes may be related to project presets, source media properties, computer resources, and the like. But, we need to get into the program first to find out.

Please review.

Thank you.

ATR

• 13. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
                                nealeh Level 5

A.T. Romano wrote:

But you say you have only one computer, so the message is a mistake...a mistake that only Adobe can correct.

Like many other programs Adobe identify a PC according to many factors. In Lisbet's case she probably installed a new hard drive after the original crashed - that would almost certainly change the PC 'signature' that the Adobe licensing model uses. And then the graphics 'crashed' - perhaps a new graphics card was installed, again changing the signature. And then the Operating System was reinstalled - possibly changing the signature yet again.

Adobe, like many other companies using PC 'signatures' to validate licenses, are well aware of how such simple things can upset their activation systems and, as you rightly say, Lisbet needs to contact them on the link you provided and explain what happened. They should be able to reset the licensing immediately for her.

Cheers,
                                --
                                Neale
                                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

• 14. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

Thank you for the reenforcement. Much appreciated.

We all need to give L. Ofoffsson our continuing support as we have and to encourage her not to give up. I know the problem can be solved with Adobe's and our help, but right now L. Ofoffsson is facing a lot of work and the need to meet deadlines and a program that is not working. I am not sure if the language difference is contributing to transfer of detail.

We are hoping that she take a temporary break and then resumes the troubleshooting as per all our suggestions and returns to us with good news of phase 1 (program activation) and request for input for phase 2 (crashes, if they exist - hope not, but one thing at a time as I pointed out).

ATR

• 15. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
                                    L. Olofsson Level 1

Thanks a million

I´m going to take action is this when I come back. I will be out working next tre weeks.

I really appreciate all your efforts and the way you describe my problem in english.
                                    I can then use your words when I try to talk to them.

I let you know how it worked out.

• 16. Re: Crashed computer - refuse to be used third time
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

L. Olofsson

Thank you very much for the reply and all indications that you are not giving up.

We will be watching for the outcome when you get a chance.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to help you with this Premiere Elements issue.

Best wishes,

ATR