Hi "I need help, lol",
From my experience, when the download hang half way, it probably has something to do with a firewall not allowing the Adobe updater to connect to the servers. Here's what you can do:
1. I suggest you do a clean install. http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846#4041846
- Make sure to delete all the files/folders in step 4.
2. Now download the latest flash player zip - Flash Player 11.8.800.94
- go into 11_8_r800_94 and run flashplayer11_8r800_94_win.exe and flashplayer11_8r800_94_winax.exe.
3. Don't forget to disable the ActiveX filtering - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968
This is a bit more than my computer experience. I did turn off my fire wall & my internet security. I am going to try what you wrote. That long 11_8 etc is something I should type into my search? Thanks.
Try this instead:
Progress bar hangs during download / Unable to connect to server / Unable to download metafile
Reason: The Flash Player installer sometimes has trouble working in some firewall proxy server environments.
Workaround: Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.