Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BC shipping options WORKAROUND

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BC shipping options WORKAROUND

Customer has 100's of large heavy products that would need to be shipped using (LTL) FedEx Freight Services. The existing FedEx Freight Services in BC eCommerce is limited to 2 and 3 days and under 65lb.  FedEx offers all the freight options needed but they are not in the BC shipping options.

Looks like the BC API for FedEx is for little products only. 

What am I missing?

Is there a WORKAROUND?

can I create custome API account with the user defined option?

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your best bet would probably to set a price for those products as $0.00 or 0 in whatever currency your site uses.  Then, on your checkout page you can use some jQuery/javascript to sense if there are any products in the cart that have $0.00 and you can then hide the checkout button and show the get quote button which will force the user to get a quote instead.  Then, you client will receive a notification of a quote that's been generated and they can update it to include the custom shipping cost manually in the BC Admin and resend it as an invoice for that customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a thread where I give an example-- there are a few good examples on how to do this on the forum. 

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5571418#5571418

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drop me a line, I'm shipped in tones with a customer shipping caldulator for BC checkout, volume and any shipper you want, DHL, Fedex, EMS, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BCMan - I sure would appreciate an assist. I just got bit by the issue where I can't get a FedEx LTL price. My client wants no part of having the customer request a quote so I'm in a real bind. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure thing, drop me a PM and I can show you some examples. I don't want to publicly post the URL as they as they are live client sites and I don't want hundreds of people testing on them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines