15 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2015 5:21 AM by alan@mht2679

How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?

Annaatavans

Hi there,

need some help to get started with cc. I used premiere cs5 for a school project, now I started a cc membership and downloaded premiere yesterday. Now everytime I start it, it crashes instantly as soon as I place a mts file in the timeline, tried several times. I can´t open my cs5 projects in it either.

Any idea what to do here? I also used a cs6 trial version but only once, I could never open it again, a video driver problem according to some tips I found ( I have a hp envy notebook). Seems tricky, and I need to work with it urgently.

In cs5, you have this popup where to fill in the framerate and stuff, like mpeg4, before you begin, didn´t happen in cc....?

Thanks   Anna

• 1. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
          Ken G. Rice Adobe Employee

Moved from the Creative Cloud to the Premiere Pro forum. They will be able to help you here.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
            shooternz Level 6

Re the crashing.

Start by posting up the information about your hardware.

Thats what some one needs to know to assist you trouble shoot the first issue.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
              Annaatavans Level 1

right. It´s an hp envy m6 using windows8, but i´m afraid I can´t tell anything about the hardware. what do you need to know? thanks a.

• 4. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
                DavidVandergoes

I'd try to isolate the problem a bit more. You can open the project Ok, but cannot add MTS footage to the timeline? Try creating a new sequence which matches the MTS settings (click on the MTS clip and drag it over the "New" icon in the project panel. I'd also try to add footage which you know works with premiere, maybe smaller videos or mp4/mov files and see if that crashes premiere at all.

• 5. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

With such an early crash, I would investigate the video card/chip, and the video driver version. That might not be the cause, but it's something to get out of the way early on.

What is your video card/chip - both make and model?

What is the video driver version and date, that is installed?

Is that the lastest version from the mfgr's. Web site?

As stated, that might not be the cause, but rather than waste time on other things, if it is, you correct that with a download and install. If not, only a moment lost.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
                    Annaatavans Level 1

Hey, thanks.

It crashes also when I drag it into  new bin or new item, did you mean that?

that´s what it says:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Application Version:    7.0.0.342

Application Timestamp:    5176598d

Fault Module Name:    amdocl64.dll

Fault Module Version:    10.0.938.2

Fault Module Timestamp:    501a15af

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    000000000000e015

OS Version:    6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID:    1031

Additional Information 1:    f116

Additional Information 2:    f11667d1e929a67cdd38aac5c48d8d8e

Additional Information 3:    108d

Additional Information 4:    108dfab3596263985c4798121ef15e98

mp4 crashes as well.

I did notice that after the popup where you  fill in e.g. dv or hdv, there is no other window as in cs5 where you can fill in further data as to framerate and stuff. That´s what I was looking for actually to try to find a way myself.

• 7. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
                      Annaatavans Level 1

Hi Bill,

I´m sorry I suck at computer´s, now that´s all I found:

Intel HD Graphics 4000, but strangely I can´t find it in the device manager under sound, video and game controllers -  there are only audio tools listed which are all updated.

The DirectX diagnostic tool from windows says the driver is from september 2012 ! I don´t know how to update it since it´s not on the list. That could very well be the problem, right?

The only thing I know is that windows 8 needs to be told by desktop right click - configur switcheable graphics - click power saving into high performance to use this one. But that doesn´t help here either.

Thanks for your help.

• 8. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

The Faulting Module (amdocl64.dll) is from your AMD/ATI Catalyst video driver.

I would go to Device Manager, make note the model of your AMD/ATI card, then click on that, navigate to driver, and make note of the installed video driver/Catalyst version. Next, go to the AMD Web site, and Driver Downloads. Plug in your AMD/ATI card model, then your OS, and check for a newer Catalyst driver. Download and install that, reboot, and test.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
                          Annaatavans Level 1

Thanks Hunt,

I guess that was it. Had tried to update the video driver another way already, but now it worked. Maybe also because I only updated one driver, since there are two graphic card, an Intel HD 4000 and a Radeon HD 7670M. Everything updated now. Doesn´t crash anymore and I can finally cut - big relief. Thanks a lot and nice sunday to you all.

Anna

• 10. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
                            SledgehammerMarketing

I have the exact same issue Annaatavans I tried what Bill suggested, downloaded the newer driver, installed it but same issue with trying to use Premire Pro CC, as soon as I import a MOV file the software crashes. I get the following:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Application Version:    7.0.0.342

Application Timestamp:    5176598d

Fault Module Name:    amdocl64.dll

Fault Module Version:    10.0.1268.1

Fault Module Timestamp:    52212f00

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    00000000001676d6

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    dc7e

Additional Information 2:    dc7e5fd0badfab0345616025e4bbd0b1

Additional Information 3:    8981

Additional Information 4:    89814bcabe120f2282687a9038106cd8

I'm using a brand new HP ProBook 4540s

8 gig of memory

i7 processor

Any thoughts? Anyone?

• 11. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
                              Jim_Simon Level 8

Try updating Premiere Pro to the newest 7.0.1.

• 12. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
                                SledgehammerMarketing Level 1

Thanks Jim, I tried your suggestion of updating Premier Pro to version 7.0.1. That did not work either. My final decision is to unload all of the software that I've loaded and take the HP laptop back to Microcenter. I'm within the 15 day return policy.  I don't need the extra effort trying to get this to work. Another interesting thing is this laptop will not upgrade to the latest version of MS Explorer either. That tells me there may be other issues. So back it goes, I'll look for laptop with a little more horsepower behind it and hopefully I'll get back to editing by the end of the week.

Have a SUPER weekend!

• 13. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
                                  Jim_Simon Level 8

I'd recommend wiping the hard drive of whatever machine you buy and reinstall Windows from scratch.  Most pre-built computers have a lot of junk of them which could interfere with proper operation of an editing system.

• 14. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
                                    SpartanCollege

I had the same issue however, I have an Intel HD Graphics 4600 video card.

The fix for me was File/Project Settings/General

Under the Video Rendering and Playback set this to Software Only "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only"

Click OK and you should be set, just created my first video

• 15. Re: How do I use mts files in premiere pro cc?
                                      alan@mht2679 Level 1

The fix for me was File/Project Settings/General

Under the Video Rendering and Playback set this to Software Only "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only"

This worked for me as well !