6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2013 7:18 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I burn a slide show to a DVD?

drfsf

When I burn a slide show I created on Photoshop Elements 11 to a DVD using Premier Elements 11, only the botton half of the photos are copied.  How do I correct this?

• 1. Re: How do I burn a slide show to a DVD?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

drfsf

There is a problem with 1/2 wmv display related to a recent Windows Update kb. The issue is highlighted in the Announcement at the topic of this forum and has been discussed in numerous threads here. For your convenience, the Announcement looks like the following:

Announcement: Windows Update Causes Half of Display to Be Blacked Out

MicroSoft has issued an Update for Windows, that is causing problems with Displays. The following is from Talbot McInnis, who tracked down this problem, and offers a fix:

"MS bulliten MS13-057.  Specifically, on XP kb2834904 and on windows 7 kb2803821 is causing a problem

For us, it occurs when decoding WMV9 files.  Not all uses of WMV decoding are affected, but I confirmed that when connecting the WMV decode DLL to a sample grabber for RGB32 video, the frames arrive black on top, so that points directly to decoding internals of the WMV Decode dll.

You can uninstall these Windows Updates to resolve your problem."

There are several threads on the problem that this Update is causing on the PrE and PrPro Forums, so one can get more details. So far, there is not another fix from either MS, or Adobe.

Also, see this Adobe KB Article: http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/wmv-files-corrupted-import-or.h tml

by Bill Hunt (Aug 2, 2013)

The general suggestions in the threads have included

a. For now, set up Windows Updates to require notification and your approval before any downloading and installing of them.

b. If you catch the offending Windows Update kb in the Important Updates, right click it and select Hide. That is supposed to keep it gone.

Your problem mostly likely popped up when you selected a route that involved the transfer of the slideshow as a .wmv file. You should be OK after deleting the indicated Windows Update kb. But, consider using the Photoshop Elements Slideshow Editor Output option Edit With Premiere Elements which sends the slideshow over to Premiere Elements in a non wmv format. If you go this route, the slideshow can be broken apart for further significant edits with the Break Apart Elements Organizer Slideshow command.

Please review. If any questions, please do not hesitate ot ask.

Thanks.

ATr

• 2. Re: How do I burn a slide show to a DVD?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I wondered how long it would take, before the PsE Organizer SlideShow output to WMV, would run into the WMV issue, with a recent Windows Update - now I know.

As ATR points out, WMV was broken by Windows, in a recent update.

Instead of exporting to WMV, to Import into PrElements, I would instead Send to Premiere Elements, if your PsE and PrE are the same version. Then, you by-pass WMV, and its compression completely.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: How do I burn a slide show to a DVD?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

This is at least the second of its kind from those who are using Photoshop Elements Premiere Elements integrated sets to get their Photoshop Elements Slideshow Editor slideshow to DVD disc in Premiere Elements.

The preferred Photoshop Elements Slideshow Editor Output option (.psess, non wmv) is called "Send to Premiere Elements" in earlier versions of Photoshop Elements and "Edit With Premiere Elements Editor" in later versions.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I burn a slide show to a DVD?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for the correction to the nomenclature. Not sure why Adobe feels compelled to change everything, such as Get Media to Add Media, but it keeps them happy.

Hunt

• 5. Re: How do I burn a slide show to a DVD?
                  drfsf Level 1

Thanks.  Your suggestion solved my problem.

• 6. Re: How do I burn a slide show to a DVD?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

drfsf

Thanks for the great news that your problem is resolved.

Glad that we could be of assistance.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need any further help with your Premiere Elements project.

I still have not seen any further news regarding what Microsoft is doing about the offending Windows Update kb file.

ATR