• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make text stop wrapping around an image?

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I am using RoboHelp HTML 10 on Windows 7, generating PDF and webhelp.

My project includes some images with text wrapping to the right of the image. I would like to allow a certain amount of the text to appear next to the image, then force the wrapping to stop at a specific sentence. I want the next paragraph to be aligned with the left margin instead of continuing to wrap around the image.

This is the effect I want:

image example.png

I want paragraph A to appear next to the image, and paragaph B to be aligned with the left edge of the topic. It is OK for there to be some white space below paragraph A.

Is there a way to make this happen?

Regards,
Juliette Curtis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rh10 has a new item in the Style Dropdown in the Style Pod. There you can create styles that you apply to images to do just what you have described.

You have to select the image and then apply the style.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply Peter.

I was able to create an image style that makes the text wrap to the right of the image. However, I can't work out how to make the text stop wrapping in a specific place. This image shows what is happening:

image example 2.png

I want to allow paragraph A to appear to the right of the image and force B to appear below the image, as shown in the first image. The problem is that I don't know how to make B do what I want. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Juliette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if just pressing enter a few times does it. If not, I would have to look at it later.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Another approach would involve inserting an invisible table with two columns. Insert the image in the left column and insert the desired paragraph into the right.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick:

I'm using your table idea and it is working nicely.

Thanks!

Juliette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I also have this problem so I followed your table advice. It's actually a brilliant idea and working great on PDF and CHM, but when I printed the PDF, the vertical grid (a white line) on my second column (just have two columns, shaded red, btw) shows. Is there a way to correct this? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'll have to defer to my dear friend Peter. He's the print guru. Personally, I have a propensity for not killing trees and believe on-line help should be exactly that.

So perhaps Peter will have a suggestion here.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some experiments on table borders. If I set the table and cell border to 'none', then the white line is not showing on the printed page. But if set it to just have the outside border, then the vertical white line in the middle of my two column table shows on the printed page. I think I can live with totally no border for now because my table is shaded, so I'll be fine.

And Rick, I am pro-environment and always wanted to save trees as well! It's just that we have to deliver this document in multiple formats. ~sighs~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Outside border in the Table Editor refers to the outside border of the table, not the cells.

I suspect you need to set the first column right border to be the same colour as the shading.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp