1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 8, 2007 3:44 PM by kmueda

Batik error in Builder 3b2 on OS X

kmueda
      I've been trying to work through the Flex tutorial at http://learn.adobe.com/wiki/display/Flex/1d.+RIA+Tutorial, but when I finally tried to compile, I got an error message saying there was an internal build error, and I should check the Error Log. Here's what the error log said:

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2007-10-06 23:23:29.040
      !MESSAGE Uncaught exception in compiler
      !STACK 0
      java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.batik.css.parser.Parser.getLineNumber()I
      at flash.css.StyleParser.getLineNumber(StyleParser.java:182)
      at flash.css.StyleDocumentHandler.startSelector(StyleDocumentHandler.java:123)
      at org.apache.batik.css.parser.Parser.parseRuleSet(Parser.java:584)
      at org.apache.batik.css.parser.Parser.parseStyleSheet(Parser.java:228)
      at flash.css.StyleParser.init(StyleParser.java:146)
      at flash.css.StyleParser.<init>(StyleParser.java:49)
      at flash.css.StyleSheet.parse(StyleSheet.java:101)
      at flex2.compiler.css.StylesContainer.processStyleSheet(StylesContainer.java:713)
      at flex2.compiler.css.StylesContainer.loadDefaultStyles(StylesContainer.java:624)
      at flex2.compiler.css.StylesContainer.<init>(StylesContainer.java:84)
      at flex2.tools.PreLink.processMainUnit(PreLink.java:80)
      at flex2.tools.PreLink.run(PreLink.java:47)
      at flex2.compiler.API.compile(API.java:1317)
      at flex2.tools.oem.Application.compile(Application.java:920)
      at flex2.tools.oem.Application.recompile(Application.java:877)
      at flex2.tools.oem.Application.compile(Application.java:598)
      at flex2.tools.flexbuilder.BuilderApplication.compile(BuilderApplication.java:319)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASApplicationBuilder$MyBuilder.mybuild(A SApplicationBuilder.java:266)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASApplicationBuilder.build(ASApplication Builder.java:119)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASBuilder.build(ASBuilder.java:135)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASItemBuilder.build(ASItemBuilder.java:7 0)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.buildItem(FlexProjectB uilder.java:336)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.build(FlexProjectBuild er.java:178)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexIncrementalBuilder.build(FlexIncremen talBuilder.java:117)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:624)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:166)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:197)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:246)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:249)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:302)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:334)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:137)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:235)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

I'm assuming this means Flex was looking for the Apache Batik SVG parser and didn't find it. I had experienced the same error earlier when I was trying to compile the samples that come with the SDK, but abandoned the effort in favor of the Builder, figuring it wouldn't have those problems. Guess I was wrong.

Any advice? I'm on a PowerBook G4, Mac OS 10.4.10, Java 1.5.0_07, Flex Builder 3.0.183654.