Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web App Batch Import Error

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am migrating a Joomla website to BC and have over 3000+ articles to add so I have imported a test of 190 articles into a particular category but I am experiencing an error with the import.

When importing all goes well with no error but when I visit the website the list view is fine but the details view displays blank on the front end of the website.  When I visit the web app item in the admin of the site and hit the update button the web app item then displays correctly.

Hoping someone can help.

Thanks,

Don

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried to replicate locally and the only scenario where items are not listed is when they are inactive because there is no release date set in the import file.
By the way do you see an "(inactive)" next to your newly imported items in admin?(I'm guessing not)

Please provide your site URL so we can check.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the late response but somehow I did not see your message until I came back to search the forum again.

The site url is mnialive.businesscatalyst.com.

I've just attempted to import the files again and the same problem has happened again.  I have attached a link to one of the CSV files that I imported below for you to review.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B18wZls_xkzRTUIyYW1SSXF1aXM/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance for you help.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

How are you importing a joomla site to BC

I have a site with 700 pages I need to do the same..

about 12 different categories and just a bunch of detail pages for products.

they want to turn it into an ecommerce site,

but i can't find a decent way of getting the data into bc or even output to a csv file to manually edit

any help you have would be appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dean,

Plenty of plugins for joomla to export the info in csv etc. You can just copy the info into the correct format on the web app import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ya joomla 2.5 and above seems to have good csv export..

unfortunately this site is joomla 1.5

can you give me heads up on what tools u were using to export it? if i do

update the joomla site.

I duno how much or safe will be to update it.

thanks for reply

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 12:37 AM, Liam Dilley <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I got around that problem by using a tool called Navicat Premium Essentials.  It will connect to your websites database and let you choose what tables and field you want to export out in CSV or Excel format.  I use a Mac so I bought mine from the Mac App Store but you can download a trial version to connect to your database and then download your data. 

http://www.navicat.com/products/navicat-premium

You may find that your server blocks access to Navicat but most servers I have connected to have let me use it in the past.  If that happens then my suggestion would be to export your websites SQL database onto your desktop and then use Navicat with a local installation of Joomla to get the files.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paying $799 usd is not a 'way around' any problem.

That is a very very expensive solution to the problem.

thanks for your input.

I will have a look at it, but there are several mysql tools that connect to databases well under the $100 mark.

This must do something really special.

So i'll take a peak, but it's wayyyy out of my price range for solutions.

thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you looked at the wrong options as I only paid about £25 for the solution that I needed. There are definitely cheaper options available to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hosting, PCI compliance, Server maintenance, system maintenance, Security certificate, features, support Plus the features.... Start buying those all separately or running the support yourself etc... it all adds up and equates to time you have to spend in other solutions. Can cost you more in many cases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines