3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2013 4:38 PM by the_wine_snob

Can premier elements 11 do denoise?

Winplace3 Level 1

Can premier elements 11 do denoise?

• 1. Re: Can premier elements 11 do denoise?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Exactly where is the "noise" coming from?

PrE does have an Audio Effect>DeNoiser, which is designed to help remove analog tape hiss, but is otherwise limited.

However, and depending on the noise, there are many other ways to address it.

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Can premier elements 11 do denoise?
            Winplace3 Level 1

Thanks Bill,

The noise is "white" noise from the electronics in the video recorder and sound card and possibly some hiss-like noise from computer fans.

• 3. Re: Can premier elements 11 do denoise?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

For the hiss, then DeNoiser might be worth a try.

For the white noise, if it's broad spectrum, it will be tougher to address, and I would look to this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2860521#2860521, as it offers some "starting points" for general noise.

A recent poster to the PrPro Forum used that article, with a bit of tweaking, and critical listening, to remove some AC (air conditioning here) noise in an interview, and was quite satisfied - it was not perfect, but adequate, especially with a bit of a music soundtrack underlying that interview.

The Audio "cleaning" in PrE (and also PrPro) are pretty limited, IMHO. I rely on Adobe Audition (fairly expensive, if you do not already own it) for most of my audio work. It has so many more tools, and can use many VST's, for additional editing. The free Audacity can also use VST's, and there are many available (some free, and some for purchase) on the Internet.

Before one just starts installing VST's, however, I recommend that they read this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3077222#3077222

Good luck,

Hunt