4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2013 11:01 AM by mentlity

CS6 Text wrap around images in E Pub export

mentlity Level 1

Is this possible?

R

• 1. Re: CS6 Text wrap around images in E Pub export
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes, select the image and choose Object > Object Export Options. Choose the Float Right or Float Left options in the Custom Layout section. (Note the image is anchored into the text flow.) See below:

FloatRight.jpg

• 2. Re: CS6 Text wrap around images in E Pub export
            mentlity Level 1

Thanks for this but before I resume I need to explain what I did here. All the text is threaded with the images surrounded with text using the word wrap.

The images are in different spots on each page so question 1 would be "will the images all be either left or right in the epub? Or appear where they are now?

second, I did NOT anchor the images to any text, I'm assuming this will NOT work unless I do this?

I'm presently using the articles panel but when using this I have to break the text and UNthread each page or the entire text will come first and the images last. I used a script to break the threads in one saved version and have another version with the threaded text intact.

So do I keep the text threaded and anchor all images and output using the articles panel then select object export?

OR

Unthread the text, anchor the images ( OR NOT) and use the layout export option?

The book is large and haas a lot of images.

thank you for this info , please advize

R

• 3. Re: CS6 Text wrap around images in E Pub export
              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It sounds like you need some basic information about EPUB before you can proceed on a large project. You absolutely need to anchor or create inline graphics. Otherwise, your graphics will not retain their position. They'll be orphaned from the text they're near to a different spot, usually at the end of the chapter!

Start with these two best sources:

(1) eBooks by Elizabeth Castro, inexpensive, available at her website:

http://elizabethcastro.com/epub/

(2) Videos on Lynda.com by Anne-Marie Concepcion, available for InDesign CS5, 5.5 and 6.