7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2013 10:05 PM by the_wine_snob
      • 1. Re: How do I export the project after editing?
        A.T. Romano Level 7

Ting899

There is not enough information supplied. The answers are in the details, so please give us the following information in order for us to help you.

1. What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

2. What are the properties of what you have put on the Timeline of your Premiere Elements project...example...video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, aspect ratio, file extension, duration..for starters.

3. What is the project preset that you or the project have set for the project preset so that it matches the properties of your source on the Timeline?

4. How do you want to export your Timeline content

a. burn to disc, DVD, AVCHD on DVD, or Blu-ray

b. export to a file type which is saved to the computer hard drive (some examples of choices...Adobe Flash Video, MPEG, AVCHD, AVI, Window Media, QuickTime, Image, Audio?

Let us start here and then move forward based on the answers to all the questions.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions or need clarification on anything that I have written.

We are looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I export the project after editing?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

ATR asks some very necessary questions. The answers to those will be helpful to us, to better help you.

After you have provided those answers, there are two things to think about:

1. The mechanics of Exporting/Sharing/Publish+Share.
          2. The specifics of what you need/want from that output file.

We can help with #1, but only you can help us with #2. For more detail on that, though the FAQ Entry is for Premiere Pro, see this: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/878590?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: How do I export the project after editing?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Ting899

I strongly feel that Premiere Elements questions such as yours can and should be addressed in the context of the Premiere Elements program and details customized for your specific situation.

My approach to helping you move forward in your project will be based on that customized principle.

Your thread question

How do I export the project after editing?

suggests to me that you are new to Premiere Elements and possibly video editing. So I want to keep my communicates focus solely on Premiere Elements and step by step simple instructions. Unless indicated otherwise, I will proceed on that basis.

Thanks.

ATR

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I export the project after editing?
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

These previous discussions may help

Saving & Sharing http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1137128

-Sharing to DVD or BluRay http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1137645

-Sharing for Movies http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1051093

-Sharing for Computer http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1058237

• 5. Re: How do I export the project after editing?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

The mechanics SHOULD be addressed per the PrE program, but then, when one is talking about Video, there are many universals, and that is why I linked the Premiere Pro FAQ Article, as it covers the universality of Exporting, regardless of program. It would be the same for AVID, Pinnacle, Edius, CyberLink Power Director, Magix MovieEdit Pro, or any other NLE that you can name. There are certain universals, regarding Video, as anyone should be able to understand.

Hunt

• 6. Re: How do I export the project after editing?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

Sorry, but I would need to agree to disagree with you on your rationale for introducing that Premiere Pro FAQ article in this Premiere Elements Forum for this specific case.

I believe that Premiere Elements video editing and exporting are more than mechanics and that the program

has the ability to hold its own with video universals in Premiere Elements language.

ATR

• 7. Re: How do I export the project after editing?
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Let's think about Export/Share/Publish+Share for a moment. A DV-AVI Type II w/ PCM/WAV Audio @ 48KHz 16-bit, is the exact same, whether one uses Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements, AVID Composer, Magix MovieEdit Pro, CyberLink PowerDirector, Edius 6.5, or another NLE. It is the exact same, if one were to choose any other format/CODEC, so long as they do not go into some proprietary CODEC, such as BM, AIC, or other. The NLE does not matter.

That is my point. Information on universal Export/Share/Publish+Share is just that "universal," and useful, when one is contemplating which format/CODEC they should use. It does not matter which NLE they are using, so long as they are planning on using one of the standard formats/CODEC's. I could have linked to a similar article, written for AVID Composer, but chose one for PrPro.

Some folk get very hung up on the source of information. I see it often, when I link to an article in the PrE Tips & Tricks, and they are using PrPro. They cannot imagine that any article, on the PrE forum could possibly help them, since they are using PrPro. They never get past the name of the forum, or beyond the name of the program, even when the information is universal.

Hunt