3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2013 7:46 PM by Genevieve Laroche

Re locking a pdf

Lita8907

Hi

I'm wondering if there is a way to make the pdf created (editable) in Form central into a regular uneditable pdf after the form has been filled out?

• 1. Re: Re locking a pdf
          Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

What is a regular uneditable pdf? You don't want anybody to be able to enter values in the fields? You don't want fields but just a flat PDF?

Gen

• 2. Re: Re locking a pdf
            Lita8907 Level 1

I am wanting to use the form to produce quotes, so I would like for one person to be able to enter data into the fields and then convert it to a flat pdf so that the information entered can't be altered. Is this possible?

• 3. Re: Re locking a pdf
              Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

If you designed the form in FormsCental you can have people fill out the PDF form then submit the data to FormsCentral. Then as the author of the form when you receive the data you can select the row in the View Responses table and click on the "Save as PDF" button (or right click on a row and select "Download Response as PDF Form..."). this will create a flat PDF with the data in it.

If you are not collecting data in FormsCentral or if you imported the PDF in FormsCentral (as opposed to designed it in FormsCentral) and you want to save it from Acrobat after filling it out then it is a bit more complicated.

Have a look at this : http://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-to-flatten-form-fields

Hope this helps

Gen