1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 8, 2013 1:07 AM by Wenlan_Du

Filling out Web form

KlaraHickmanova

Good evening,

I created  our first web grant form (with writable fields, and fields for attachments).

We will have this form linked to our website (right now we are testing it).

I would like to verify, when people fill the form out over longer period of time (say they might take breaks in between), do they get cut out, or not? (I clicked on our test link, left the form open, and filled out fields randomly over 4 hours period, than submitted and it did not kicked me out.) However, I am the administrator, so it might be little different for me?

My other question is, if we could avoid the following - after people click on the "submit" button on the webform, they actually could go back afterward with the "back" arrow, and might correct some information and re-submit again (which might be confusing for collectiong data). Is there a way, that we could avoid that? Could we create a message  e.g."we are sorry, but you already submitted your application once"? Just wondering.

My last question is, if people need to have adobe reader to be able to fill out the web grant form?

Thanks you for your help,

Klara Hickmanova

arts4mc.org

• 1. Re: Filling out Web form
          Wenlan_Du Level 2

Question 1: I would like to verify, when people fill the form out over longer period of time (say they might take breaks in between), do they get cut out, or not?

- No, as long as they don't close the form in their browser, they should be able to finish filling out the form and submit.

Question 2: Is there a way, that we could avoid that? Could we create a message  e.g."we are sorry, but you already submitted your application once"? Just wondering.

- Sorry, FormsCentral currently don't have that functionality. You may vote on a feature request at http://forums.adobe.com/community/formscentral?view=idea or add a new idea by clicking on "Submit Feature Request" in the page http://forums.adobe.com/community/formscentral.

Question 3: if people need to have adobe reader to be able to fill out the web grant form?

- No, users don't need to have adobe reader to fill out web forms.