5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2013 6:06 PM by A.T. Romano

grainy pics in video after burning to dvd

degressy1@gmail.com

I bought a new computer and now have windows 8. I bought a new premere Elements 11 because my version 9 didn't work. In the past I have done a lot of videos with slide shows and videos on the same dvd. I tryed doing the pictures in organizer and the pics didn't fit. Then when I selected frame fit in video the pictures got very grainy. I then looked into it and it said not to have the frame fit checked so I unchecked it. Then the pictures did not fin in the frame of the video. So then I tryed doing the slide part of the show in Movie maker and save it and re insert it. It looks terrible. I have don't this for years i movie maker and my old elements and the videos with the slide shows looked great once I burned them to a dvd. I don't know where to go to find out how to do this. The slide show looks great on the computer screen but once you burn to a dvd it looks so pixilated and grainy. Help

• 1. Re: grainy pics in video after burning to dvd
          degressy1@gmail.com Level 1

if you can help please email me dianeegressy@gmail.com. I am so fustrated. I love to put pictures, videos and arrange music and sound around in multiple tracks. Fade in and out etc. Do I need a completely different program? I also have problems editing video because ot skips flows inregularly while watching and trying to edit is so hard.

• 2. Re: grainy pics in video after burning to dvd
            A.T. Romano Level 7

degressy1

I think that I can help you succeed with your projects, but we have lots to discuss. It is after 1 am where I am so I will respond to your issue in the light of day first thing. I will have lots of questions that will need answers.

To be continued

ATR

Add On...I just saw your post after I had posted my message. Unfortunately I do not respond to email, just in your thread. I think that we can communicate fine that way. Let us give it a try.

• 3. Re: grainy pics in video after burning to dvd
              A.T. Romano Level 7

degressy1

Let us begin.

Given you have Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8 64 bit.

1. What video, photos, music are going into this project and how do you intend to export your edited content for others to view it....to a file save on your computer hard drive for play back with a computer player or burn to disc DVD, AVCHD, or Blu-ray?

We need to know this information so that we can set up the project correctly.

a. What are the pixel dimensions of the photos and how many of them are there? Are these in jpg, .psd, tif, raw, formats.

b. What are your video properties...video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, aspect ratio 4:3 or 16:9, file extension. If you do not know, you can get that information from a properties readout from the free MediaInfo (tree view)

http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

or, if you give me the name of the camera that these videos came from and the setting that you used, I will try to figure out your video properties.

c. Are you going to use narration, soundtrack in your project.?

Premiere Elements 11 takes over the role of setting the project preset for a project. Sometimes it does it OK, sometimes not. That project preset setting directs the program to set the correct space in the Edit Mode Monitor for your particular video. So, you can see how video properties and project preset settings are so important to setting up the project.

Please indicate if you wish to proceed:

a. Create an Elements Organizer 11 slideshow and transfer it to Premiere Elements 11 for completion

or

b. Use only Premiere Elements 11 workspace to create, edit, and export the project.

Let us start here and expand into a more detailed step by step based on your answers to all of the above.

Along the way, please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: grainy pics in video after burning to dvd
                degressy1@gmail.com Level 1

t us begin.

Given you have Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8 64 bit.

1. What video, photos, music are going into this project and how do you intend to export your edited content for others to view it....to a file save on your computer hard drive for play back with a computer player or burn to disc DVD, AVCHD, or Blu-ray?

I have several different pictures all jpegs and videos from different cameras all different sizes. I have figured out how to resize thepictures in the CS3 bridge program. I burn them to DVDs for dvd players

We need to know this information so that we can set up the project correctly.

a. What are the pixel dimensions of the photos and how many of them are there? Are these in jpg, .psd, tif, raw, formats.

all different but I did resize them

b. What are your video properties...video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, aspect ratio 4:3 or 16:9, file extension. If you do not know, you can get that information from a properties readout from the free MediaInfo (tree view)

http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

this I don't understand and will look at the above link as you suggested

or, if you give me the name of the camera that these videos came from and the setting that you used, I will try to figure out your video properties.

I have cannon camcorder and other videos from friends which I am not sure so I will look at the above link

c. Are you going to use narration, soundtrack in your project.?

yes I add music and some are tracks from audasity that I cut from other videos and some are MP3s and some WMA

Premiere Elements 11 takes over the role of setting the project preset for a project. Sometimes it does it OK, sometimes not. That project preset setting directs the program to set the correct space in the Edit Mode Monitor for your particular video. So, you can see how video properties and project preset settings are so important to setting up the project.

I have issues trying to edit video because it jumps and the sound continues but the video portion stops so that makes it so difficult to try and edit clips

Please indicate if you wish to proceed:

a. Create an Elements Organizer 11 slideshow and transfer it to Premiere Elements 11 for completion

or

b. Use only Premiere Elements 11 workspace to create, edit, and export the project.

Let us start here and expand into a more detailed step by step based on your answers to all of the above.

Along the way, please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thank you.

ATR

I am so grateful for your help. Thank you so much

• 5. Re: grainy pics in video after burning to dvd
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

degressy1

Thanks for the follow up.

In view of the pixelation and grainy look of your work, we will need to go after those video and photo properties as well as the project preset that is being set in the new project dialog of your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1.

If you cannot give us sizing for all, could you supply a range for the photo pixel dimensions, the total number of pictures, and the range of resolution for the videos (SD 640 x 480 to HD 1920 x 1080 and the like)...as much after tha as you can.

You may not be able to manage the project because of the project settings, compromising the computer resources with too great a project, so many other factors which we hope to rule in or out in trying to get you a good quality end product.

So, please collect the information for us. We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR