• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connect session has timed out error

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Presenter 9 and have attempted to publish a presentation to our Adobe Connect Pro site. The permissions are set for public viewing, however anytime a user attempts to view the presentation they receive an error message of "Connect session has timed out"..

Clicking the Login button does nothing. (Besides the fact that they should not be required to login anyway.)

I've attempted to publish directly to Adobe Connect from Presenter and I've also attempted uploading it to Connect as a .zip presentation. In either case, the error still occurs.

Connect Timeout Error.png

I'm at a loss on how to get this published and functional. Can anyone assist?

TOPICS
Desktop application

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the trouble you are having.

This is a known issue with P9 and Connect combination and we are working on it to provide a fix for this one soon. Till we do that, you have a couple of workarounds to avoid hitting this issue:

1.    Upload a PPTX file directly in the share pod/Content library rather than publishing it using P9. This shall work for most of the cases unless there are audio/video assets in that PPTX which will be dropped in direct upload scenarios.

2.    If they have ass

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the trouble you are having.

This is a known issue with P9 and Connect combination and we are working on it to provide a fix for this one soon. Till we do that, you have a couple of workarounds to avoid hitting this issue:

1.    Upload a PPTX file directly in the share pod/Content library rather than publishing it using P9. This shall work for most of the cases unless there are audio/video assets in that PPTX which will be dropped in direct upload scenarios.

2.    If they have assets which are required for the presentation, the only workaround is to use Presenter 8.x (or previous versions) to publish rather than P9 till we give a Connect patch to fix this one.

Hope this helps!

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sameer for the quick reply.

The presentation does contain audio assets and I don't have the prior version of Presenter at the moment. I'm up against a deadline, so I'm going to attempt to port it over to Captivate 7 and see what I can do from there.

By chance, are there any known Captivate 7 publishing issues on Adobe Connect before I go down that path?

Thank you again!

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jason,

You should not encounter any similar issues with Captivate 7. If by any chance, you have ANY issues with Captivate, do let us know. We can then then work together to solve your problem in another way.

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue and would love to know the workaround to publishing and getting the timeout error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mutahe1,

The workarounds are mentioned above (See Answer marked as Correct). Did you try those?

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just about to try uninstall presenter 9 and install presenter 7. I tried uploading the PPTX directly, even converted it to a PPT and nothing worked. The time out pop-up still occurred. When i clicked on the link when logged into the system as admin then the error message did not happen, when logged out and as a regular user the message continued to occur. Frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sameer, is there a known timeline for the next patch that will fix this issue? Thanks!

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi melizh1,

The issue will be fixed with C9.1. Do you have a hosted account? If yes, please tell me you account url and i will let you know when the upgrade to C9.1 is planned for your cluster. If it is a licensed account, you need to contact Adobe Connect support to upgrade to C9.1 to resolve this issue.

Hope this helps!

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the status on this fix? We have numerous faculty that publish to their Connect account. Did Adobe test this before releasing P9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erich,

If you have a hosted account you can check the date of upgrade to Connect 9.1 here: http://www.adobe.com/support/connect/downloads-updates.html

It may already been done, as I believe that most of the hosted environment had been updated.

If you are using a licensed deployment, then you will need to talk to your IT department (or which ever department is in charge of maintaining the Connect server(s)) and see when their timeline is for upgrading to Connect 9.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer,

I am having a very similar issue, so I uninstalled Presenter 9 from my machine, and recreated the file from scratch and saved it as .pptx. I have no problems when I upload the file into a Share Pod within a meeting room in Adobe Connect 9.2.

The issue occurs when we save this meeting (that has the recreated .pptx file) as a template. We want this presentation to be in the Lobby of EVERY meeting, so we need to save it in a Share Pod within our templates folder in Adobe Connect. Every time we create a meeting from the template that has the recreated .pptx file, we get the Sesion Timeout error:

Connect Timeout Error.png

What can we do to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an update that needs to be installed in Presenter 9. Use the Adobe updater or go the the Help on the Adobe Presenter menu and select "Updates". The update will take care of the timeout issue.

Erich

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the updates screenshot.

http://blogs.adobe.com/connectsupport/presenter-9-0-2-now-available/

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create in Presenter 9 then open the same project in Presenter 8 you will continue to have a problem.  The fix involves editing an XML file.  See the thread at  http://www.connectusers.com/forums/search/243306432/   I believe you can still download presenter 8 as a trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reckhardt,

The link you gave doesn't work. Can you post a link to the thread instead of the search results?

Also, I don't believe you can download Presenter 8 any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct link where this is discussed in detail is: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/topic/8939/timeout/

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue - we saved a template and when we reused the content (PPTX) saved in the Share Pod of that template we get this session timed out error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also getting this error - using Presenter 10 onto Connect 9.3.  My colleague has Presenter 9 and has this issue too.

I need to save using Presenter and can not upload directly. Also, I am unable to use Presenter 8.

Can someone from Adobe please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines