2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2013 1:32 PM by Martino77

Is it possible to have a transparent stage-background?

Martino77

When I change the color of the stage into transparent, the stage remains to have color.

I found other people having the same problem.

Am I doing something wrong here, or isn't it possible to have a transparent stage?

• 1. Re: Is it possible to have a transparent stage-background?
          robboerman Level 4

yea i noticed that, can you maby share the project so we can see what is causing the problem and how to fix it?

it will help other people to

• 2. Re: Is it possible to have a transparent stage-background?
            Martino77 Level 1

Hi Rob, this morning I tried a lot and I was convinced it wasn't possible to have a transparent background, but at least white.

Now I did another test and it looks like I was mistaken. If I change the body-background manually to green, and set the stage to have a transparent background, edge shows the stage-background as green, so transparency seem to work fine.

I guess the reason I was confused was that I'm so used to Adobe products showing the pattern when a background is transparent, like this:

transparent.jpg

Instead, EA shows this for a transparent stage:

Capture.JPG

Well, anyway, I obviously was mistaken. Adobe seems to show the real background-color (behind the transparent stage), so I have to get used to it, but it could be very handy!
            I'm glad it works Thanks for your help!

1 person found this helpful