8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2013 5:33 PM by A.T. Romano

HD Playback Issues

popto

Im using Adobe Premier Elemnets, Why does my video playback in 6:9 ratio when its exported in widescreen format, and I  own a HD TV? I have exported in every widescreen format and its always showing in 6:9 on my tv. ; however, when I play the dvd on my laptop, it show in 16:9. Whats the problem and how do I fix it?

Also, How do I delete a clip and have everything else slide over to close the gap, and how do I delete a clip and not have the video fill the gap.

• 1. Re: HD Playback Issues
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Popto,

Can you give us a bit more background, please?

1. What version of PrE do you have?
          2. What is your OS and its version?
          3. What are the full details of your source footage?
          4. What is the Project's Setting?
          5. When you say that your "video playback in 6:9," is that a typo?
          6. What are your Export/Share/Publish+Share Settings for the output file?
          7. How are you playing that file on your TV?

Now, for part 2, on your Timeline, do you have either Video, or Audio Clips above/below where you wish to Delete and have the gap close? If so, that material will keep the gap from closing.

Good luck, and let us know a bit more please?

• 2. Re: HD Playback Issues
            A.T. Romano Level 7

popto

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What are you putting on the Timeline of your Premiere Elements project and what are its properties, such as, video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9), file extension? What camera is it coming from?

What are you or the program setting as the Premiere Elements project preset (in new project dialog)? If you do not know, please see what it says under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General for Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size.

Where are you seeing this 6:9 ratio at playback of your exported video? Just this one particular HD TV? What kind of a player do you have for the TV...DVD player or Blu-ray player? What is your setting for the TV and its player?

It sounds like the problem is in your TV.

The information asked above is important. If you are shooting something like 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9, your problem may be that your TV is not recognizing the 16:9 flag that is telling it to stretch the 1440 x 1080 4:3 to 1920 x 1080 16:9 for display. Just guessing since I need more details from you.

What happens if you look at this video on someone else's TV? Same problem?

We will be watching for further details to help us help you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: HD Playback Issues
              A.T. Romano Level 7

popto

For the second part of your question...

Also, How do I delete a clip and have everything else slide over to close the gap, and how do I delete a clip and not have the video fill the gap

To delete a clip and not have the gap filled...right click the clip to be deleted and, from the pop up menu, click Delete or Clear (some versions say Clear, some Delete).

To delete a clip and have everything else slide ove to close the gap, right click the clip to be deleted and, from the pop up menu, click on Delete and Close Gap.

As has been mentioned, with video, content on the above tracks may force you to close the gap yourself with the mouse cursor.

Holding down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard as you move things around on the Timeline tracks keeps the track content already there from getting disturbed.

ATR

• 4. Re: HD Playback Issues
                popto Level 1

1. What version of PrE do you have?Adobe Premier Elements 11

2. What is your OS and its version?Windows 8

3. What are the full details of your source footage?Footage recorded

with a Canon 60D

4. What is the Project's Setting?

5. When you say that your "video playback in 6:9," is that a typo?When I

put the DVD in my DVD player, the aspect ratio of the video is 6:9

6. What are your Export/Share/Publish+Share Settings for the output

file?I have tried NTSC and PAL widescreen settings, "use available space"

checkbox and set to Highest Quality when I wasn't.

7. How are you playing that file on your TV?I  hook my laptop to my

television using an HDMI cable

• 5. Re: HD Playback Issues
                  popto Level 1

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer

operating system is it running? Adobe Premeire Elements 11

What are you putting on the Timeline of your Premiere Elements project and

what are its properties, such as, video and audio compression, frame size,

frame rate, aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9), file extension? What camera is it

coming from? I am putting video files, MVI, 16:9, 24 fps, I recorded the

video with a Canon 60D

What are you or the program setting as the Premiere Elements project preset

(in new project dialog)? If you do not know, please see what it says under

Edit Menu/Project Settings/General for Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame

Size.My settings are: Editing Mode-DSLR, Timebase-23.976 fps,Frame Size-1920

Where are you seeing this 6:9 ratio at playback of your exported video?

Just this one particular HD TV? What kind of a player do you have for the

TV...DVD player or Blu-ray player? What is your setting for the TV and its

player? Im sorry, I mean 4:3. Yes, just this HDTV, its all I have.I am

playing the DVD on a Sylvania DVD recorder/player, Its is connected to my

tv with an RCA cable (Even though it shouldn't matter because real DVD's

that I watch shoe in 16:9 as they should).

It sounds like the problem is in your TV.

The information asked above is important. If you are shooting something

like 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9, your problem may be that your TV is

not recognizing the 16:9 flag that is telling it to stretch the 1440 x 1080

4:3 to 1920 x 1080 16:9 for display. Just guessing since I need more

details from you.

What happens if you look at this video on someone else's TV? Same problem?

• 6. Re: HD Playback Issues
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

popto

I do not believe that you have a Premiere Elements 11 Windows 8 problem. Rather it is an issue related to your viewing choice of the HDMI connection between your laptop and TV and trying to find correct resolution settings if they exist.

Does your TV have a DVD-player? If so, burn your Timeline to DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc. That is a better chance for viewing your export correctly. Is your TV set up for 16:9 or 4:3?

If the source is from the Canon 60D, you are probably shooting 1080p. Make sure your project preset is set to match the properties of that video. Are you in a NTSC or PAL area? If you are in a NTSC area, then NTSC DSLR 1080p DSLR 1080p30 (that is 1920 x 1080 16:9). When you burn to DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc that will have a frame size of 720 x 480 (that is standard for that type of format, not a problem with Premiere Elements).

I do not use a HDMI connection between my laptop and TV, but I will see what I can find out about the dos and don'ts of that type of setup.

ATR

• 7. Re: HD Playback Issues
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

popto

I have a laptop with a HDMI port, but do not have a TV or player with this port.

But, I did come across this how to article on laptop to TV via HDMI. Have you seen this? I hope it will help, please let us know.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/tech-tips-and-tricks/dave-taylor-hdmi-article.html

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: HD Playback Issues
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

popto

After I posted by previous post with the suggestions for the laptop to TV via HDMI, I saw your latest post.

So we may be out of sync for the moment on our messages. Please read the article just mentioned, see if it helps, and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR