5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2013 10:02 AM by ASHKimberly

Data Questions

ASHKimberly

We are considering upgrading our account. Before we do, we have additional questions regarding how the data (being entered in a form) is handled, where it will be stored, for how long, and what are the controls surrounding that data. Is there a particular person or document I can refer to?

• 1. Re: Data Questions
          Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

Here is information about the FormsCentral security : http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1384

The data is store until you delete the form or the data rows manually... or until you close your account.

You can manipulate the data in the Response table in FormsCentral using formulas. You can also export your data to excel if you want to archieve or manipulate the data there. There is also a Summary Report that get automatically generated in FormsCentral with the data received.

Hope this helps

Gen

• 2. Re: Data Questions
            ASHKimberly Level 1

Gen,

Thank you for your quick answer. Can you assist in providing a deeper explanation?

• I understand the data is stored in the response table, but can you explain where the is the data is housed? on a cloud? your server? our server?
            • Is the data accessible for as long as we have an account?
            • What happens to the data when/if the account is closed?
            • Who had access to the data where it is actually stored?
            • Is it distributed to any third parties?
            • 3. Re: Data Questions
              Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

The data is store in the cloud only.

The data is accessible as long as you have an account. Note that the Plus account allows an unlimitted number of forms, the Basic account allows for 5 activa forms at a time and the Free account allows to 1 active form at a time... if you downgrade you might lose access to some data.

When you cancel your account the data is then removed.

The author of the form has access to the data. The form can be shared to others as co-author, contributors or readers. All people who you share the form with have access to the data. It is also possible to publish the data. If you do so then anyone with the link will be able to see the data. You can unpublish the form anytime.

Your data is not distributed to third parties.

Gen

• 4. Re: Data Questions
                ASHKimberly Level 1

Gen,

As far as the cloud storage goes, I need to understand more about the controls in place at the hosting data center. Can you connect me with someone who can provide a SSAE 16 SOC 2 report or a SOC 1 report? Perhaps a sales representative?

• 5. Re: Data Questions
                  ASHKimberly Level 1

Can somoene please assist with answering the following question, or pointme in the direction of someone who can?

As far as the cloud storage goes, I need to understand more about the controls in place at the hosting data center. Can you connect me with someone who can provide a SSAE 16 SOC 2 report or a SOC 1 report? Perhaps a sales representative?