4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2013 11:54 AM by DerikSavage

Multicam - Syncing multiple clips per angle

DerikSavage Level 1

So I'm pretty excited about being able to sync via audio in Premiere CC.  The only problem is, I can't seem to get it to work!

I have four separate cameras, each with several clips that need synced.

I've tried putting clips for each camera in separate bins ("Camera_A", "Camera_B", etc), then selecting each bin and "Create Multi Camera Source Sequence".  It goes through a few progress bars, then tells me it can't sync.

I've also tried selecting all of the clips inside of the bins and "Create Multi Camera Source Sequence", and it syncs just fine, but it also puts every clip on a separate track.  Not the behavior I'm looking for. 

All of the cameras have decent scratch audio, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Am I doing something wrong here?  Should I just go back to using PluralEyes if I want to sync more than one clip per camera? 

Would also be awesome if I could sync from the timeline a la FCPX.  I'm guessing this one's going to take a flurry of feature requests though.

• 1. Re: Multicam - Syncing multiple clips per angle
          Jim_Simon Level 8

it syncs just fine, but it also puts every clip on a separate track.  Not the behavior I'm looking for. 

It's the only behavior you'll get when doing it automatically.  The assumption being every clip is a different camera angle.

You'll either have to move them or create the syncs manually.

• 2. Re: Multicam - Syncing multiple clips per angle
            Keano66 Level 1

Another CC big 'feature' that looks great in the adobe videos...but in the real world doesn't work. Useless.The fact that the poster even has to ask whether they should go back to Plural Eyes speaks volumes about PPRO CC.

• 3. Re: Multicam - Syncing multiple clips per angle
              DMH79 Level 2

From the timeline, when your clips are sync'd up you can manually nest and enable multicam by selecting just the video or the video w/ audio and right-clicking and choosing NEST. Then right-click that nested clip and choose MULTI-CAM>ENABLE. I still do it this way so that I have access to all my audio clips right from the main timeline. Audio sync works "most" of the time for me although I've had several times where it's a frame or two off which is bothersome. Never used Plural Eyes but I remember even Adobe staff once said that the new audio sync feature isn't a replacement for a dedicated audio sync tool like Plural Eyes. Hope this helps in some way.

• 4. Re: Multicam - Syncing multiple clips per angle
                DerikSavage Level 1

I've used this method quite a bit in the past, but it still requires manual syncing.  I was hoping to have a solution that uses Premiere CC's new sync capabilities to take care of this automatically. 

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is possible with Premiere.