5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2013 10:15 AM by mlbellino

Which Version?

mlbellino

Is there a way to tell which version of Premiere I installed (32bit or 64bit) in windows 7? I can't remember if I used the 32 bit disc or the 64 bit disc.

Thanks

Mark

• 1. Re: Which Version?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What does Help--About show?

• 2. Re: Which Version?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

64-bit programs are installed in C: PROGRAM FILES.

32-bit programs are installed in C:/PROGRAM FILES (X86).

Does that help?

• 3. Re: Which Version?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mlbellino

What are you asking...

a. What version of Premiere Elements do I have installed on Windows 7?

I am assuming that your "Premiere" in your question is Premiere Elements and not Premiere Pro.

or

b. Do I have the 32 bit or 64 bit version of Premiere Elements (whatever it is) installed on Windows 7?

I suspect that your question goes to "b" since, in opening the program, it should be obvious what program is being opened when you view the Splash Screen.

The answer is easy. If you have Premiere Elements 10 or 11 installed on your Windows 7 64 bit, either of those programs is a 64 bit application.

If you have Premiere Elements on a Windows 7 32 bit, you have a  32 bit application.

It is Premiere Elements 10 or 11 on Windows 7 or 8 64 bit that is a 64 bit application that can take advantage of the 64 bit system resources.

I have not used it recently, but the Process Explorer Sysinternals program used to give you the readout specifically saying 32 bit or 64 bit for the Premiere Elements process

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx.

Please give further details and/or ask for clarification for anything that I have written.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Which Version?
                mlbellino Level 1

Thanks, it was installed in programs. The 64bit version comes on the second install disc and after installing on a second computer, I had to question myself as to which disc I used on this computer.

• 5. Re: Which Version?
                  mlbellino Level 1

Thanks for the link.