5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2013 7:09 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 11 Project Assets Panel

Colin of Bishopthorpe

I've added media from my hard drive, where the file numbers are in numerical order.  However, when the files arrive the Project Assets panel they are no longer in the original numerical order. I've tried the Sort by button but this doesn't arrange them into numerical order. Will somebody offer a solution please?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Project Assets Panel
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Switch the panel from Icon View to List View, then click on the various column headers in the listing.

Clicking on the various column headers will change the order the assets are displayed in, based on the column header you've selected.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Project Assets Panel
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Colin of Bishopthorpe

If you have your files in numerical order in a folder on the computer hard drive, you should be able to import that whole folder into Premiere Elements 11 via its Add Media/Files and Folders to get the folder into Project Assets (does not matter Grid or List view).

From the Grid view perspective...

a. double click the imported folder now in Project Assets

You will find the folder items ordered numerically

b. if you want to get those ordered items back into the folder, then click on the icon to the right of the search field in Project Assets. That icon will probably be named "My new video .(name of your project)"

Another approach is to create an album for the items in the Elements Organizer that comes with the program and then import the album from Elements Organizer to Premiere Elements in order to keep your numerical sequence.

Until proven otherwise, clicking on the name header in Project Assets (in List view) will not arrange your items in numerical order if they have become unsorted. If your items show up as 98, 100, 101, 102, 103. all that the name clicking will do is to reverse the order (to 103, 102, 101, 100, 98) and not sort them out.

There are some possibilities in the List view using the folder import approach. More details to follow if necessary, but basically move files out and back into the folder in Project Assets List view to get the necessary ordering. But, I find this an unpreferred detail to follow up on.

Please review and do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions on anything that I have written.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Project Assets Panel
              Colin of Bishopthorpe Level 1

Thank you very much Steve and I'm sorry about the delay in replying; I had a few days in hospital. I had already tried your suggestion but all it did was invert the number order.

Many thanks

Colin

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Project Assets Panel
                Colin of Bishopthorpe Level 1

Thank you very much ATR and I'm sorry for the delay in replying; I've had a few days in hospital. I tried all your suggestions but I'm afraid none of them worked. I finished up deleting the offending files and re-importing the original files and I'm relieved to say that all is now OK. I'd like to think it was a gremiln, but I'm sure it was just "finger trouble" on my part!

Best regards

Colin

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Project Assets Panel
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Colin

Thanks for the follow up. Glad you solved your problem. Good work.

Sorry to learn of your few days in hospital. We are sending a lot of get well soon, if not already, wishes.

Continued success with your projects.

ATR