4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2013 8:05 AM by aefcool

How do I match the printed pdf page breaks with the page breaks from the online form?

aefcool

The online form is setup to be 4-5 separate pages...each page going to a different person/group when it is printed in a pdf. However, when the form is printed, it prints out all the blanks and the forms are off by about a half page.

Is there any way to not print the blank spaces (I have several boxes hidden based on choices of the user), and to make the printed pdf honor the online page breaks?

• 1. Re: How do I match the printed pdf page breaks with the page breaks from the online form?
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

When you are viewing the "Design" while authoring your form there is a "View" setting that you can access from the "View" menu along the top right, or from the dropdown at the bottom right corner, if you change from "Web View" to "Page View" you can add page breaks there that will affect the PDF.

Page View is an authoring view to design for PDF where Web View is an authoring View to design for web/browser/HTML forms.  You can use both so that your form looks good in both web and PDF.  Some features have to be added/edited in Web View because they are not supported in PDF such as Attatchments and Skip/Page logic, those are not available to add/edit in Page View.  The Page Breaks added in Web View are not used in the PDF, in Page View "Implicit page breaks" are added automatically based on the size of the page in PDF and you can add "Explicit page breaks" using the form field toolbar as you did in Web View (which will only be used in the PDF).

When you ask if there is any way not to print the "blank spaces" you are referring to the questions that had remained hidden based on skip logic right?  At this time the entire form is saved/printed to PDF, there is not an option to omit those hidden fields.

I hope that I understood your issue correctly, let me know if I can help further.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: How do I match the printed pdf page breaks with the page breaks from the online form?
            aefcool Level 1

Thank you. I wish there were a way to adjust the implicit breaks a little easier, but the inserting of the pagebreaks eventually did the trick. The only downside is I now have a 7 page document as opposed to a 5 since I can't adjust the pagebreaks that are automatically put in.  I have to use the pagebreak insert to move content to the correct page, but it did work.

Thank you again!

• 3. Re: How do I match the printed pdf page breaks with the page breaks from the online form?
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

You can do things like adjust the layout of the fields adding fields "side by side" if you have not already to save space.  You can also change the page size used in PDF to allow for more fields per page using "Form Setup" from the "File" menu when you are in the "Design" tab.

Moving fields of course would also affect your web form.  Changing the page size in Form Setup would not.

Thanks,

Josh

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How do I match the printed pdf page breaks with the page breaks from the online form?
                aefcool Level 1

Thanks! I was able to move somethings around and it did help.