3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2013 8:32 PM by farssrfarssr

Installaton of latet version of Flash Player is forgotten

farssrfarssr

Using Windows Explorer 7 under Windows 7.  I install the latest version of Flash Player. It works fine. After I turn off the computer and turn it on again, the computer thinks the latest version is NOT installed -- if I access a web page that needs it I am prompted agdain to install the latest version.  What is going on?  Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: Installaton of latet version of Flash Player is forgotten
          pwillener Level 8

How is the software NOT installed

• gone from Control Panel?
          • gone from install folder?
          • gone from Internet Explorer add-ons?
          • disabled in Internet Explorer add-ons?
          • 2. Re: Installaton of latet version of Flash Player is forgotten
            bobjr94

Exzact same problem. Everything was working, then a few days ago sites like youtube started saying my flash was out of date. I updated flash, restarted the browser, go back to the web sites and get the same message. Flash is also now gone from my plug-in page. Ive downloaded and updated several times but all the sites still say I don't have flash installed or it's out of date.

• 3. Re: Installaton of latet version of Flash Player is forgotten
              farssrfarssr Level 1

To Pat Wi9llener --Thanks for your reply.

• gone from Control Panel? No, it is there. When I click on it, I get the settings managerm whose Advanced tab lists the current version.
              • gone from install folder?  Programs uninstall & change shows it as still there,
                with latest version.

• gone from Internet Explorer add-ons? Yes, completely gone. Doesn;t show up
                under any category of add=on.
              • disabled in Internet Explorer add-ons?

On my other computer, IE Add-ons show "Shockwave Flash Object" enabled, but no other explicit reference to Adobe or flash player. This computer has 11.7.700.224 version installed, but it doesn't tell me I need to install the latest version. I have no trouble accessing websites.