3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2013 12:49 PM by kglad

Context-sensitive Help Menu not working for me

andyrossdesign

Using Flash CC on my Mac. Signed in to CC account.

My understanding is that I should be able to highlight a term in the actionscript pane (like   flash.display.Sprite), and I should be able to control-click on it, select "View Help", and be taken right to a helpful section of the help area.

But whenever I do this, it just takes me to the very first page of the Flash Help website (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flash/cs/using/WSd60f23110762d6b883b18f10cb1fe1af6-7beba.html). Which leaves me with an enormous amount of sorting to find the appropriate Help area.

Am I doing something wrong? Does this feature just not work? Have I got some obscure preference somewhere set incorrectly?

It seems like finding any useful help for Flash or Actionscript is a frustrating and labyrinthian process. Very frustrating!

Often it's easier to just go out on the web somewhere--other than Adobe--to get an answer.

Then, of course, if one does ask a question, rather than getting a straight simple answer, I'm usually linked to some long, long article which provides exhaustive information, and only a vague answer. It seems like people would rather throw an encyclopedia at me than to provide a simple answer.