5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2013 6:00 PM by Trainman6330

No CUDA Support

Trainman6330

Hello, I recently purchased Premiere Pro CS6 box set after being told by many that it is a better editing program. I have been using Sony`s Vegas Pro 12 but had been having a lot of trouble with it. I installed Premiere Pro 6 and noticed my GPU`s were not recognized. I checked on the Adobe site to see what was supported and the 600 series were listed. I run 2 ASUS GTX 670`s in SLI configuration. I work mainly with Hi-def video and need all the rendering power I can get. I updated PP6 after installing it, current version in 6.0.3 (001). Being new to the software I could do with any help available to get the software to recognize the GPU`s so I can use CUDA to help with the render process. Regards Stewart

• 1. Re: No CUDA Support
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Dual GPUs wasn't supported until Premiere Pro CC.  You will probably need to undo the SLI, and may even need to physically remove one of the cards.

• 2. Re: No CUDA Support
            RjL190365 Level 4

Unfortunately, Premiere Pro CS6 does not support SLI at all. It supports only a single GPU for CUDA acceleration.

In addition, CS6 (even with the 6.0.3 update) by default runs in software-only mode with a non-"certified" card such as your GTX 670 installed. You will need to edit the "cuda_supported_cards.txt" file to add the GTX 670 to that list in order to enable MPE GPU acceleration.

• 3. Re: No CUDA Support
              Trainman6330 Level 1

My thanks to those who have responded, much appreciated. Using one card is not an issue, Vegas Pro 12 does not support SLI either. I have a question for RjL 190365. You mentioned editing the "cuda_supported_cards.txt" file. Might sound like a stupid question but where would I find it. I used the Windows O/S search function with no luck. If adding the card to the file and was accepted  things would be great if not then I might of wasted a lot of money. My thanks again and regards. Stewart

• 4. Re: No CUDA Support
                JEShort01 Level 4

Your GTX 670 should work just fine.

You don't need to edit the cuda_supported_cards.txt file, simply rename it or delete it alltogether.

Windows search is lame!

You will find it in the following folder: c:\program files\adobe\adobe Premiere Pro CS6

Regards,

Jim

• 5. Re: No CUDA Support
                  Trainman6330 Level 1

Thanks Jim, I will play around with the GPU`s today, disable the SLI and if still no luck remove one card and will also find that file now I know where it is. I agree Windows search is lame. When I did my homework prior to purchasing the suite I did notice the NVidia 600 series cards were supported. Once again my thanks to you and the others for the help. Much appreciated, Stewart