5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2013 9:42 PM by A.T. Romano

Webcam Footage Corrupted

dilirii69

I have a few files that I recorded through my webcam on Premiere Elements. They are upwards of 70 gigs. The auto-analyzer started to process the files and stopped. The files have the correct file size when I look them up in explorer, but the can't be played. I've tried reanalyzing them with the analyzer but it just processes the first few seconds and stops. I have successfully recorded files this size and larger with no problems so I don't understand what happened. If anyone knows a way to recover the files or if someone knows of some software that I could use it would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Webcam Footage Corrupted
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dilirii69

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What do your computer resources look like in terms of installed/available RAM and free hard drive space?

How far into the "70 GB" did the AutoAnalzyer get before it quit? What does that "70 GB" represent in terms of number of files, average duration of file, and file size of file?

ATR

• 2. Re: Webcam Footage Corrupted
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>files that I recorded through my webcam

What are the details of the files?

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30

For PC http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en or http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

For Mac http://mediainspector.massanti.com/

• 3. Re: Webcam Footage Corrupted
              dilirii69 Level 1

ATR

Im using Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8. I have 6 gb of ram, 5.89 are free, and the analyzer only got through a few mb before it quit. When I try to play the video, it only plays for 4.25 seconds. I have another file that stopped 4.25 seconds.

• 4. Re: Webcam Footage Corrupted
                dilirii69 Level 1

I couldn't fnd the specific codec information but I can tell you that the avi was captured in WDM format.

The properties say that its an avi, 85 gb, 720x480, frame rate 15.01

source audio formate 441oohz - 16 bit - stereo

project audio format 44100hz - 32 bit floating point - stereo

total duration: 00;00;04;25

average data rate 17.6 gb per second

pixel aspect ration: 0.09091

video track 1
                size is 8.35m bytes average frame =129.05k bytes
                there are 73 keyframes.
                frame rate is 15.066fps
                frame size is 720x480
                depth is 24 bits

audio track 1
                size is 866.37k bytes
                rate is 44100 samples/sec
                sample size is 16 bits

• 5. Re: Webcam Footage Corrupted
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

dilirii69

Thanks for the follow up.

I would like clarification on a few things.

Given that you capture your video from the web cam. Did you download the MediaInfo and did you not see Video/ with the codec listed among the other video properties. Same comment for Audio. That is an important point for the troubleshooting.

If the file never gets into Premiere Elements 11, does it play OK on one of your computer players? If so, which one?

In your workflow is the web cam built into your computer or just connected to your computer? Are you capturing your web cam data into Premiere Elements 11 via Add Media/Webcam or WDM?  Captured data goes to wherever you have designated in the Scratch Disks. Where do you have the Capture Video and Capture Audio directed and how much free hard drive space is there? See Premiere Elements workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.

More tomorrow.

Thanks.

ATR