4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2013 11:41 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 8.0 Error!!- Help!

Salvatij16 Level 1

When I attempt to open Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0 I just get a blank screen.  When I open a specific project from my saved files, an error message appears stating, "A serious error has occured and Elements needs to shut down".  I have not changed anything on my computer since or before this happened.  It is completely out of the blue that this is happening.  Any ideas or solutions?  Any help is much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 8.0 Error!!- Help!
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

suspend any antivirus/antimalware software you have running and right click>click "run as administrator".

if that fails, reinstall.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 8.0 Error!!- Help!
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Salvatij16

After you work through the suggestions of kglad, please look at

a. Flushing the preferences...

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

8.0 Folder

and in the 8.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs Folder that you delete. If that deletion does not work, then delete the whole 8.0 Folder in which it exists.

Make sure that you are working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

Also, check your Scratch Disk to assure that they are directed to location with enough free space to accept them. Look for pile ups of preview files as well as conformed video and audio files.

And, it goes without saying, make sure that you are running with Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer Options turned Off, if and when you can back into a project. (More on that later after you have checked out the prior suggestions.)

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 8.0 Error!!- Help!
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Along with very helpful suggestions that you have gotten, this line catches my eye:

When I attempt to open Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0 I just get a blank screen.

When one has any display issues in the GUI, I always want to rule out the video driver, as being the culprit.

What is your video card's make and model?

What OS and version are you running?

What is the number and date of the installed video driver?

From the nVidia, or AMD/ATI Web site, is that the latest driver?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 8.0 Error!!- Help!
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Salvatij16

I am not telling you not to look into Hunt's latest suggestion regarding your video card and verification of its latest version status.

But before that, could you check Edit Menu/Preferences/General and the option "Enable GPU Playback" to determine what happens to your issue with and without that option selected with a check mark.

Thanks.

ATR