4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2013 7:47 AM by MMM63

Indesign created web ads with hyperlinks...

MMM63

I am trying to create a simple 120x100 web ad where the client has their web sight hyperlinked as well as having an image that can be clicked on and the viewer can watch a youtube video of the product...

Is this feasable iwith Indesign CC. ...so far all roads lead to my being able to execute these ads within Indesign and I think am almost there, BUT I cannot figure out which is the best file to SAVE/EXPORT the file as; gif? jpeg? png?...AND I am not 100% sure I am following the right sequence of paths to creating the proper embedding of the video. In the Indesign preview it works...but sometimes my client can't get the ad to execute the video...Sorry for my ignorance but I am self taught and slowly getting adjusted to web/ad design

I have the basic idea but i have questions, so many questions...

I need to do a quick step by step with someone who can see my process and steer me in the right direction.

Someof my questions are as follows:

1. What ultimately is the right file to save an interactive INdesign created web ad...GIF or a JPEG?

2. Is Photoshop a better application to embed video and create hyperlinks with an ad? In my opinion creating hyperlinks with the "slicing" method  seems archaic and the pixelated type is awful and useless...Illustrator doesn't play nice yet either...

A Client also wants a active video in her ad...I know I create this constant looping video within an ad in Indesign, but what file format do I save it as?

I have not explored the other applications for creating a web ads because I am hoping I can just stick with my Indesign which I LOVE.

Thanks for any help, advice or direction...

MMM63