1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 17, 2008 11:21 AM by Newsgroup_User

Flex Peripheral Device Support

msmughal
      I'm trying to decide whether Flex is the right tool for me on a new development project I'm thinking about. I have a couple of requirements that I'm not sure if Flex will be able to meet. It's also possible that a combination of technologies with Flex may solve my issue. It is also possible that what I am trying to achieve is outside the boundaries of a web flex application.

I would like to create a web application that also has the ability to utilize the Windows API. I am also interested in controlling peripheral devices like, cameras, pin pad devices, biometric devices, scales, and barcode readers. I have not been able to find anything on the internet regarding these questions.

I also cant seem to find a report generator for Flex. Normally a development environment like Delphi or VS includes some type of report writer. Is there some kind of report writer for Flex?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Flex Peripheral Device Support
          Level 7
          Does anyone have any advice here? I can't be the only one trying to attempt
          this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

- StinkyDuck

"msmughal" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fmkcl5$ld7$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm trying to decide whether Flex is the right tool for me on a new
          > development
          > project I'm thinking about. I have a couple of requirements that I'm not
          > sure
          > if Flex will be able to meet. It's also possible that a combination of
          > technologies with Flex may solve my issue. It is also possible that what
          > I am
          > trying to achieve is outside the boundaries of a web flex application.
          >
          > I would like to create a web application that also has the ability to
          > utilize
          > the Windows API. I am also interested in controlling peripheral devices
          > like,
          > cameras, pin pad devices, biometric devices, scales, and barcode readers.
          > I
          > have not been able to find anything on the internet regarding these
          > questions.
          >
          > I also cant seem to find a report generator for Flex. Normally a
          > development
          > environment like Delphi or VS includes some type of report writer. Is
          > there
          > some kind of report writer for Flex?
          >
          > Any help would be very much appreciated.
          >