3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2013 5:43 AM by Doc Maik

Duplicating hyperlinks within a document

GGirl27

I have a document with a set of tabs at the top of each page. Each tab jumps to the 1st page of each tabbed section when clicked. I need to duplicate this tab set so it appears on every page. The document has 10 tabs per page and 90 pages. I need to be able to copy and paste the tabbed setion onto each page or I'll have 900 links to to throughout the document. I don't seem to be able to do this and see to need to create a new hyperlink for each tab. Help!

• 1. Re: Duplicating hyperlinks within a document
          Doc Maik Level 4

Just being curious: how do you create those tabs? I would like to learn. Never done such in ID.

Apart from that: if you put the tab on a master page and assign it to all 10 pages, then you would have only 1 hyperlinks for that "Home" tab.

• 2. Re: Duplicating hyperlinks within a document
            GGirl27 Level 1

They are just essentially 10 boxes spaced along the top with some design elements around them! Nothing fancy but the design changes slightly for each section so you know which section you are in within the document.

You are right though. There are 10 tabs that have 10 common links that are the same throughout the document. Is the only way to do it through master pages?

How would you implement a page pointer then? There is no way of making a hyperlink to the 'next' or 'previous' page is there?

• 3. Re: Duplicating hyperlinks within a document
              Doc Maik Level 4

GGirl27 wrote:

How would you implement a page pointer then? There is no way of making a hyperlink to the 'next' or 'previous' page is there?

This is quite easy. Make the text box a button, for example the one that points to the next page. Then assign type "click" and action "Jump to next page". If you copy it, it will

always jump to the next page. I'm not so much into this, but I think it can be extended even more.

Same works for the "Home" box/button, where an action "Jump to first page" is available.