0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2013 6:30 AM by cml_TE

Can Flex 3.0 add-in for QTP be used with QTP 11.0

cml_TE

It appears that others have posted similar questions and issues in this discussion forum with no responses, but I'd figure I'd give it a shot anyway since I don't have anything to lose at this point, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

My company just recently migrated one of our QC/QTP 9.2 project to QTP 11. In QTP 9.2 we had the flex add-in for 3.0 installed and were were able to successfully identify objects with Object Spy, record objects and execute our automated GUI tests successfully. In addition we were previously using IE7. Unfortunately I have been experimenting quite a big in trying to get the automation working in our new migrated environment, but have been unsuccessful due to frequent roadblocks and numerous variables. Any attempts to identify objects using QTP's Object Spy on our flex application causes IE9 to crash with a message "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem..." and locks the machine up to the point of needing to be rebooted. Just before the lockup occurs, it appears that Object Spy is attempting to identify the Flex object that I click on or hover over as the object heirarchy displays within Object Spy. I can successfully I dentify objects on a normal web application (i.e. that is not flex-based) without the crash occuring. Here are the details of my current environment.

Product Information:  
      Product name: QuickTest Professional

Product version: 11.00

Product ID: QTPRPID11.00/01

Product build: 1018

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 (Build 7600) - 32bit

Internet Explorer version: 9.0.8112.16421

ALM/QC connectivity: 11.0.0.5761

Loaded Add-ins:
      ActiveX 
      Flex 3.0.0 
      Visual Basic   
      Web

Hotfix and Patch Information:    
      QTPWEB_00078 for HP QuickTest Professional 11.00 QFE 
      QTP_00906 for HP QuickTest Professional 11.00 
      QTPWEB_00105 for HP QuickTest Professional 11.00

It appears that the combination of the Flex 3.0 add-in with QTP11 and IE9 is not explicitely mentioned in the compatibility matrix for the Flex QTP 3.0 plug-in, but I was hoping to be able to make this work somehow. Any thoughts or advice pertaining to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!